My flash intro...NEED HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337scape

Reaction score
Okay,

I just made a flash intro for my website. I want it to be the first thing to show when the user goes to (www.1337scape.net). Currently my Homepage is index.html, How can I make it so Flash is first thing, and then Homepage...without screwing up everything?

Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Kind Regards,

1337scape (Peter)

GFXDude2010

Reaction score
Do you mean make the flash as a type of banner?

Do you mean make the flash as a pop-up?

Or do you mean that your "Homepage" is the flash, and then it redirects to the index.html file after the flash has fully loaded and played?

1337scape

Reaction score
I mean that the "Homepage" is the flash, and then it redirect to the index.html file after the flash is played or clicked on. How do I do this, without messing up the whole index.html?

Slothie

Reaction score
Change index.html to index2.htm and load the flash in index.html

1337scape

Reaction score
I used a Custom Flash Maker...and it's not in the flash.html Can I somehow make it...so that I can change what .html is homepage on x10 or cpanel?

GFXDude2010

Reaction score
They've got it exactly right.

Change your code to: getURL() code to www.1337scape.net/index2.htm

Just copy all information from index.html to index2.htm and index2.htm will load as your homepage, witht he flash loading before it.

EDIT:
index.html will ALWAYS load as your homepage. Just rightclick the file and go to Open With>Notepad and change the getURL() code. Or just open it back up in the flash maker and change the hyperlink function.

Last edited:

GFXDude2010

Reaction score
Lol that's pretty much what I was saying, except I was changing the effect in the actual flash!

Status
Not open for further replies.