My Forum Account Linked to Somone else's Hosting account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Short story:

My forum account (unpixelatedgamers) is linked to someone else's hosting account (rcd.x10hosting.com)
Therefore, I actually have control over that account.
I want them unlinked.
I want to re-register a new account for myself.

Long Story:

Ok, heres the deal:

I creating a hosting account with you back in September 2005 (check the join date ^) and maintained that for over 2 years, through various guises, sub domains ("unpixelatedgamers.x10hosting.com", "randomize.x10hosting.com", "freezebox.x10hosting.com", "rc.x10hosting.com" to name the few I can remember).

I even reincarnated it through a couple of suspensions and one termination (inactivity, nothing naughty). I was fairly active in the forums over the 2 years, as my 300+ post count, and epic 3rd place standing in the Arcade will attest. And yes, that testimonial on the front page of your website is in fact by me.

Then the problems came in January 2008 during the server change over / upgrade, (details are fuzzy in my memory). My site (which was at the time "rc.x10hosting.com") went down, became unlinked, and the domain I had been using went back up for availabilty.

I posted at the time (HERE) and was told to simply wait until the work was done.

I did.

More than a month past, continuing after the work had finished, and there was no indication that my site would return. I became frustrated with the situation and decided to simply let my site die.

A few months later (ie, now) I became re-interested in starting my site up again in a new guise, and a new purpose (i'm fickle like that).

I checked my subdomain rc.x10hosting.com and could not find it as expected. So I resorted to just create a new one.

So, I went to X10Hosting.com and began the sign up process anew. After accepting the ToS and choosing a package, I was told my old Hosting account Username "rc" was taken. No biggy. But then when I get to the third stage and the processing of linking my account, I am promptly told that I already have an account and should use it.

Huh? How can my site still be active? Its not there!

I go back to X10Hosting.com and sign in with my forum account and password, and get to X10hosting.com/account. There I find the details of some other website I have never heard of before listed. Namely: RCD.PCRIOT.COM.

How can this be?

The Personal Details shown are the same as I entered, but the domain, contact email address, and hosting plan are different.

Its possible this person has maliciously taken over my hosting account after it came back online, but I doubt this because they have put up a fairly normal looking flash website instead of the usual 'OMG HAX!' you might find in cases such as that. Also, my forum account password remained the same.

The other explanation I am currently favouring is that; at some point during all this, my previous account user name "rc" associated with my forum account was mistaken for his new account username which is also "rc." (it seems to be both of our's initials) and hence it became mistakenly linked. I've no idea when this new account was created, so I've no idea whether it would have been me or him.

I haven't, as yet, done anything to said account (even though it appears I could very easily take full control of it by force) so as not to upset the seemingly normal operation of this man's website.

Nor have I yet attempted to contact Rick Carter, as there doesn't seem to be anything that either him or I could do.

So what action do I want you to take?

Simply, I want my forum account unlinked with this person's hosting account, so that I may use my own forum account for my future website.

My previous details:
Account username: rc
Subdomain: rc.x10hosting.com
Plan: Advanced (Free)
Active for: 2+ years.

Currently Listed Details:
Account username: rc
Subdomain: rcd.pcriot.com
Plan: Ad-free
Active for: Unkown, presumably only a few months.

This is all very strange. Any light (and un-link-iness) you could shed on this would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.