My Forza 3 Racing League Website [ Ground Zero ]

phazzedout

Reaction score
I give it a 6.0/10.0

The reasons, too many advertisements. The advertisement on top would make many people leave the site that same second. I sure as hell do.

The picture after the top ad is perfect, keep that.

The navigation is overly exaggerated, simplify it.

I see how you played with the html to link to a free forum service, works for a simple site but it limits the space.

For a clan site it is perfect.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Good site, Design is also very cool.
But Only Problem is Ads.. There are so many ads.. Try to reduce them

truestuna

Reaction score
Thank you for your Ideas and Criticism I took them to Mind and updated my site
Car to look?

Ground Zero

thanks again :biggrin:

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
i like this site :)

my suggestion is the navigation buttons you have on your top bar are grey with orange text that change to red roll over and then the buttons that you have on the left panel have red :: prefix and suffix with white text.

I would recommend that you change these so they match the style and colour scheme of the page.

otherwise, good work :)

rthfashion

Reaction score
No one made a remark on the background music. Not everyone likes background music. I personally dislike it and advice everyone to avoid it. I enjoy how you are playing with the coding, great way to learn. So far so good. You can put at least one advertisement to make money but too many advertisements is discouraging.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No one made a remark on the background music. Not everyone likes background music. I personally dislike it and advice everyone to avoid it. I enjoy how you are playing with the coding, great way to learn. So far so good. You can put at least one advertisement to make money but too many advertisements is discouraging.

I was about to comment on the mysterious "Waiting for Video" black box I was getting - my system didn't load the background music thanks to some filters I have in specifically because I hate background music.

Thanks for pointing out that it was background music attempting to load - that drops my site rating from 7/10 to 0/10 and earning it a place in LeechBlock's "Background Music" filter on my pc because it would have gone over the top of the music I already had playing in XMPlay. The only time I'm fine with background music is when the player is set to pause instead of automatically begin playing - at least that way it doesn't screw up the music I already have playing.

phazzedout

Reaction score
Your website is not missing. A 404 Error has occured. You should probably look into that. I heard the background music, but I was on MySpace so I thought it was that. :D

Nevermind I see it. MAGNIFICENT! You have the design layout down. Beautifully done! 8.0/10.0 design and ease. The forums is still discouraging, to me. For any regular person walking by they wouldn't mind. If you wish, you could look into creating your own forum with PHP and MySQL. x10hosting offers this service for free. Other than that it works perfectly.

Last edited:

truestuna

Reaction score
Your website is not missing. A 404 Error has occured. You should probably look into that. I heard the background music, but I was on MySpace so I thought it was that. :D

Nevermind I see it. MAGNIFICENT! You have the design layout down. Beautifully done! 8.0/10.0 design and ease. The forums is still discouraging, to me. For any regular person walking by they wouldn't mind. If you wish, you could look into creating your own forum with PHP and MySQL. x10hosting offers this service for free. Other than that it works perfectly.

I dont know how =[

phazzedout

Reaction score
I dont know how =[

Well there are some free PHP and MySQL forums that have the code down, all you have to do is design. Uh let me find a tutorial on here, if I can't just look at PHPBB or sometimes Drupal helps. Their instructions help.

Here are some links:

http://bit.ly/8U0y7e - PHPBB Main site
http://bit.ly/8mxg80 - PHPBB Download
http://bit.ly/6as4Ch - PHPBB Instructions

That should help. All in all, your website is good, you do not need to mess with MySQL and PHP if it is just for simple clan site. If you want to play with PHPBB and make a forum, then this will work. :dunno: