My games arcade (second review)

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Right,

Some people might remember me, I asked about my games arcade (Productivity Zero) not long ago.

Well, I've made a lot of changes and wanted some more constructive criticism so I can continue to improve. I do have some updates planned over the next few days:
* start using the left column for navigation on normal pages (ones without games)
* add graphics to the left column headers (should be simple enough)
* tidy up some CSS
* remove the iframe (bleah) from the contact page and integrate it with my custom written CMS. Yeah, I like showing off the CMS, first project I ever attempted in PHP :D.....so basic but still :biggrin:

Just in case someone fails to notice my userbar in my sig, the site's located at:
http://www.productivityzero.uk.to

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Edit:
* Bump *

Anyone?

Last edited:

Franc0

Reaction score
yeah you have done a good job but you can do better, never stop..

I really like what you have done, although the "overmouse" menu bar doesnt quite fit.. try to do a bevel so it can mix better. and try to work on the left menu bar,, since that is quite the most important, good job on organizing everything though.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Franc0,

As I said in my first post, I'm planning to use the navigation bar on the left soon. Don't know how I'm gonna do the bezel on the navigation bar, but I'll try and get something together.

I'm working on this as well as some stuff for GCSEs (and loads of homework) so it might take a while, that and the fact I don't know PHP well at all really is holding me back a bit.

I'll certainly work on that though.

dunkjmcd

Reaction score
maybe put the browser standards stuff lower to keep the flow of significant content: welcome -> highest ratest -> latest > browse smart. your menu order isnt great, admin will only be used by you so shouldnt be the 2nd most important link in the menu. either dont include the link and bookmark it into your browser or stick it in the footer out of the way of common users. nice work, dont get tired of this site, it has potential

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks dunkjmcd,

I agree with the admin link, I'll remove it all together I think.

I'm going to remove the browse smart section, it's in the way really.

Luke

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The site looks very nice, and nice game list as well.

hartawan

Reaction score
would be nice if you could include thumbnail of the games so ppl can be attracted more and more...hehehe... ads always need picture.. :)
categorize the games would be a good option as well...

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
The site looks very nice, and nice game list as well.

would be nice if you could include thumbnail of the games so ppl can be attracted more and more...hehehe... ads always need picture.. :)
categorize the games would be a good option as well...

I was considering thumbnails, but resizing them wouldn't be convenient...but you're the second person to suggest this on the forums, so I'll look into adding thumbnails in the near future.

Categories are planned in the next update, as is a plugin for the admin panel to support them.

looking good, maybe u should add mine game also ;)

Send me a link to your game and I'll certainly add it to the site :drool: