My games arcade...

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been designing simple, (X)HTML and CSS only websites for other people for ages, so I decided I'd have a go at something in PHP and XHTML (and CSS of course) and developed a games arcade...well...I'm developing, I should say.

It's only basic at the moment, I'm working on the code right now so there's not many games. I've just ironed out the bugs with it not validating, and wondered if anybody might like to give some constructive feedback, as most 13/14 year olds don't really know a lot about the web and seem incapable of doing so.

The site's http://www.productivityzero.uni.cc/, hope you like it :D

-Luke

Dan

Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad, Luke! What I can suggest though is that you maybe put links to games on your front page with maybe a thumbnail in say a column on the right hand side or somewhere. Also your logo could be made a little better - it's quite pixelated to me. Good Luck!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks!

I do need to fix the logo, I know it looks tacky, just been so busy with the validation and all, not easy to make the site validate, espicially with a few PHP includes along the way. [NOW FIXED: I used the blur tool in the GIMP to blend the edges into the background a little, it worked. I also made the curve bigger, just to be different.]

I was planning to add a navigation bar on the left hand side of every page (like on the Microsoft website, and a few others) too, but I couldn't make the two DIVs the same height without using JavaScript, which I'm not a fan of at all. I need to work on a fixed-height design, it's highly likely to happen in the near future.

Thumbnails are a good idea, I'll definitely build that into the site soon.

Thanks for the ideas!
-Luke

Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
The overall design looks great. You just need to get some more content, and maybe change the font.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
The overall design looks great. You just need to get some more content, and maybe change the font.

Thanks for the feedback, but which font do you suggest? I'm a Linux and Windows user (I dual boot, I like some Linux applications, but require Windows for my school work), and there's a lot of annoying issues with fonts. I decided to use a font that works on both, which is why I use sans-serif.

I like Trebuchet MS and Calibri, but they're both Microsoft fonts, and many people don't have them.

And as for content, I'll be adding more games shortly, just hard at work on validation and getting the main code working. It took a while to get the Flash and ShockWave embed code to validate...

Last edited: