My hosting account disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyharvey

Reaction score
I had a hosting account where I had my e-commerce website. Now the website is gone, I can't log in to my account, and all my work and files are gone. What can I do?

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
if you haven't logged into the forum in 31 days then it does that... on the free accounts anyway... hopefully you have a backup....

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no back ups are kept of terminated accounts from the free servers.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
do you really think that a free webhost would backup your stuff for you? backups take up space and resources... x10 gives you a lot more than most free webhosts... gives more than quite a few that cost money... so I wouldn't complain... anybody in bussiness should have automated backups of everything... here I would have a copy of any static data... have a script on a machine somewhere else that copies non static information via ftp back to that box... and I would have a crontab that runs a mysql dump prior to that so that you have a backup of the db... or setup replications to another mysql server(not sure you have access to what you need for the replication though) so if you didn't have a backup you are probably screwed... although I could be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.