My hosting account suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

froger

Reaction score
I have realized a few weeks ago, that the chat page I made was a bannable offence for the free users. Which is why I was planning to goto premium hosting with it. I just logged on this morning to come to find out that my account has been permanently suspended do to a mysql chat script. I don't understand how this small chat script could be such a problem when maybe there are 2 posts in it a week and the chat room can only hold 5 messages at once, anything more than 5 automatically deletes it out of the database. I have a lot of important files on my x10hosting account and was wondering if it would be possible to just switch my x10hosting account to premium for 1 year. That way I am not violating your terms of service. If this can be done let me know what to do, and how to send the money.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I have realized a few weeks ago, that the chat page I made was a bannable offence for the free users. Which is why I was planning to goto premium hosting with it. I just logged on this morning to come to find out that my account has been permanently suspended do to a mysql chat script. I don't understand how this small chat script could be such a problem when maybe there are 2 posts in it a week and the chat room can only hold 5 messages at once, anything more than 5 automatically deletes it out of the database. I have a lot of important files on my x10hosting account and was wondering if it would be possible to just switch my x10hosting account to premium for 1 year. That way I am not violating your terms of service. If this can be done let me know what to do, and how to send the money.

Since you knew that the chat script you had was a bannable offence weeks ago, why didn't you remove it from your hosting account back then? It's clearly forbidden in the terms of service. Since this is a zero tolerance violation of TOS, your account is permanently suspended. No backups will be accessed nor provided to you.

froger

Reaction score
Tell me this though, did yall even take a look at the "so claimed" chat script? I wrote it myself and made sure there was nothing memory intensive or heavy on the server about it. It only consists of a table with 3 columns and 5 rows that get updated everytime someone posts. Weeks ago I found out, and since then I have been saving my money. I have 115 dollars right now and was gonna wait for the 140 dollars to get the 3 year plan.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The TOS explicitly disallows them -completely- however, which is why it got suspended.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
If you upgrade to paid you can get your files back and be unsuspended, as this is not against the x10Premium terms of service.

froger

Reaction score
Thank you so much Brandon. Can you point me in the right direction to signing up for x10 premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.