MY latest Experiment with web-designing and scripting

kalhans

Reaction score
Hi ppl
I am a bit new to this place and I really dont know how to put this thing but I wnt you guys to review my website CLICK HERE. and let me know your feedbacks. Its an experiment that I did with my website to improve user experience and make it a bit soothing. Waiting for a feedback.
hosted on x10hosting.com at http://kalhans.rohitkalhans.x10hosting.com
(The site is still incomplete hope you don't mind that.) :happysad:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't review the layout cos there is not layout. Only suggestion will be that you ether change that purple header or it's dark gray shadow cos they don't match ... in any case make the shadow a little smaller.

Content is good and a little bit funny but there's one problem. There's too much of it on the home page. People don't have patience to read all that just to see what's your site all about. I recommend you move some of it to "About Me".

Now the real stuff :) I like AJAX just like you but you need to understand some cons of it. Imagine somebody really liked you and want to help you by putting the link to your "Hire Me" page on their site. Guess what, there's no link cos you used AJAX and didn't think about that. Now don't panic, there's a way to solve this problem. Instead of making every link point to "http://messyrohit.co.cc/#" you can do something like "http://messyrohit.co.cc/#hireme" for "Hire Me" page. Then when somebody enters that URL your script will detect it and load the right page. That way you have valid links to any of your pages and don't need to worry about bookmarks too.

Hope this helps and good luck :biggrin:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Its quite good, but would benefit from a little more of a structure and perhaps a more advanced colour scheme. Currently, you are definately getting your aims across and it is a good design. With a few modifications you could make it a little more easy to navigate and have a more consistent theme. Remember, graphics and images are your friends, you have chosen a design that is just a little too minimalist.
The menu animations could be toned down a little. I noticed you got the current ones from this site, so perhaps you could read their second tutorial here and use the fade technique on your menu items.
Finally, the AJAX loading is really neat, although the loading indicator is clearly from Facebook. With a few tweaks here and there I am optimistic that you will have a neat and very user-friendly site.

Last edited:

kalhans

Reaction score
hi guys that's so nice of you guys to review my website on such a short notice.
1. About the layout: So what kind of a layout you wanted? like i wanted to keep it a fast loading site so I did not put any external CSS file, Most of the tyms the external files doesn't load and creates a nuisance.
2. abt the links: I accept the fact that the url# is troublesome and i figured it out. that will be done
3. Yeah the content willl be readjusted soon

moreover abt the facebook indicator. is it troublesome if I use it like ne legal matter or something?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
moreover abt the facebook indicator. is it troublesome if I use it like ne legal matter or something?
To be honest, they really won't care if you are just a small website. If you were a massive website that was viewed by thousands, then maybe they may take notice. If they did have a problem with it they would only ask you to remove it, no harm done. I say, if you like it keep it, it's just a loading indicator. Facebook really have better things to do than chase down owners of small websites.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score