My logodesign (comparison of before and now:))

gaptrast

Reaction score
Hello, I think I am a much better logo designer now than before!

This was my first logo design:

logo1.bmp

This was my second logo design:

logold.png

And this is my latest design:

logo.png

Do you see any difference? logo 1 made with MS Paint and logo 2,3 made with GIMP.

Post feedback if you want:)

Last edited:

gaptrast

Reaction score
dude, I thought u wanted my services?

This website has a very small yearly budget (right now ca. 8$ for domain) :)

I assume the fourth on will be even better:)

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Here's another logo I made:)

logo.jpg

debfree10

Reaction score
Is this a logo? It does not have any meaning. Try to keep it simple and use only text instead.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your third version is actually pretty good. A long way from perfect, but pretty good.

I'm not a GIMP user -- I'm a Windows kind of guy, and I've been at this game a very long time now (I use Paint Shop Pro 9 for fast workflow, it's a program I've been using for more than a decade so I can do a lot without thinking, and Photoshop when things get hairy) -- but as I understand it, the GIMP is pretty full-featured these days. One of the features you're going to want to look for is the ability to break text up into individual character shapes so you can "kern" your type (that is, change the spacing between individual letters). Most of the free fonts out there (including the one you've used) are badly kerned at the font level. (There's a reason why the "pro" fonts cost an arm and two legs -- it takes a lot of work to make a font look good out of the box.) You can probably see that there are some letters that look sort of squished together, and some that seem to have a lot of extra space between them. The GIMP should allow you to fix that before you add effects like the drop shadow you've used, and careful spacing will make a world of difference in the final product.

I'd probably lose the gradient stripe, but that's a very subjective decision. And I would personally move the tag line ("Fake viruses, pranks and more") out of the logo and use a more conventional typeface for it -- maybe make it an
HTML:
<h2>
on the page instead. That's just a suggestion -- keeping it in the graphic is a valid choice as well, but it feels a little bit crowded right now. It would have worked a lot better like that, say, ten years ago, but the trend lately has been towards more "white space".

Keep experimenting, and keep asking for feedback. And whatever anybody says, remember that it's your site and you get the final say.