My Nature photography site

alok_bhave

Reaction score
This is the first time I have tried something at creating a website.
http://alokbhave.x10hosting.com/

Please share your valuable comments.

The blog section is not complete. I am trying to integrate the wordpress blogs into the site but not getting satisfactory results.
Its looks very disconnect from the site.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy.
The red horizontal line near the top looks out of place to me. I would suggest taking that out. Consider putting a little bit of space below the large picture of the birds on the main page. It appears to be cut off at bottom even though that is probably not the case. Thumbnail picture of "Brahminy Kite" on page one of birds gallery is not present nor is the main image of that bird - the link does not work either. Same issue with "Jacaranda" on Flowers and Trees Gallery. Overall, nice website. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

tonyfell

Reaction score
Screen is a little wide, lots of people still view 1024 x 768 and will have to scroll to see the side

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Looking Good .But also consider what tonyfell is pointing

allijonko

Reaction score
I have just started looking at your web site and haven't had time to look at the blog yet. The photos I've seen so far are beautiful! I look forward to looking at more of them when I have time.
What I notice about the home page is that it doesn't seem to have "closure" at the bottom. The photo of the two small birds, one perched on top of the worn arrow sign, simply runs right down to the bottom margin of the page. So I am not sure I've seen it all. Yet one cannot scroll further down. Is this what you intended?

Thanks for putting your work online. I'll keep looking at it.

lukoot

Reaction score
looking good on my widescreen but like others have pointed out people still view 1024 x 768 and the picture of the birds runs right off the bottom of the screen

gokimigo

Reaction score
I think it looks alright for a starter photography site.

I am too kind of questioning the red line.. I would recommend using about 3 different colours max on your site.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Site looking great so far.

I noticed that your image links have a strange title tag:

HTML:
<a href="http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8ATnrFY20dw/S8nVX0jbNVI/AAAAAAAAHBo/lQlVYiG4FT4/s800/DSC_0015.jpg" rel="lightbox[Birds]" title="Name: <a href='/ShowBirdInfo.php?categ=Birds&birdname=Oriental Whiteeye' style='color: #5e5eff;'>Oriental Whiteeye</a>

The title tag probably shouldn't have HTML tag in it. It shows when someone hovers over the image/link and the HTML tags in title tags don't get processed.

lumo1987

Reaction score
looking good.
I found small detail you should change - in every gallery after info about lightbox you have "the bird". Myabe you ust mised it.
The home page should have something at the bottom at leaas free space couse i was trying to scroll that site down few times.
In my opinion you should put some more information with the pictures. I dont know anything about lightbox but maybe you can put there sosme additional informations with the pictures - if you remember where it was take on something about the bird :)
just a sugestions couse I don't know anything about the birds too :p and that black space next t othe picture looks like a great place to put some info on picture.
I did't check the blog.

Markstar

Reaction score
I also agree with the others about the red line...what is its purpose there?

But great pictures! :eek:

priyaa161

Reaction score
I love birds and thanks for that pictures. If you like showing your picture and not your website then I must say you've done a good job but one thing I don't like there. Picture is just touching the bottom of the browser and it gives me a feel that your website is not fully loaded, and so I refreshed it thrice.

You have made one spelling mistake (or probably that was the only one I've noticed) . It is there on your introduction.

Interested in nature in general. Specially interested in stuying and observing birds. Recently started taking interest in plants, butterflies, insects, Reptiles, etc.

"stuying" spelling is likely to be wrong. You can only tell what you are trying to write but I guess it is either Studying or staying.

Last edited:

imoded

Reaction score
i think, you should choose a fluid css in terms of screen resolution, so that your site fits to all monitor resolutions.

debfree10

Reaction score
Since this is your first work, I would say that you have done a good job. But there are some problems. For example, the buttons of your website does not look impressive. I do not like the use of such a large image of a bird in the center of the website. I hope you will take care of these issues in your next attempt.