My new website layout!

masterchief3k

Reaction score
Here is my site layout.

Comments welcome, i just need some help.

How can i make it fit 100% of the screen as low as 800x600 resolution? i would need the top gradient to shrink to the resolution as well as the iframe and it's content.

and i need advice on slicing correctly, that'd be appreciated, please rate or hate!

I DON'T WANT HORIZONTAL SCROLL BARS, they're icky...

Last edited:

wilky15

Reaction score
Kool I can't wait tell i make a web site loads more points to get!!!!!!!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
wow pretty nice!
im not too sure what that red-black blob is at the top left of the page.. but then again what is the blue blob on the top of my page? heh

very creative!

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
hey are you going to make that into a flash template, it will look great. you can import the file into pain and then select "scew image" if u want i can help u get started with the template. post in my forum to have a member of eXtreme designz help u with such troubles. http://iamshipo.x10hosting.com/forum/

Last edited:

masterchief3k

Reaction score
i was thinking about some flash effects on there, but i decided not to, thats what DHTML is for!

( i had a dream about this layout, i'm not kidding!)

i was thinking about wires coming from that render in the corner going into the IFRAME and then the ifram would have some static (like a tv) then would get a signal, then the ifram would be viewable, and beable to pull out the wires and play with it a bit ;) but i don't know anything about flash so i decideed not to unless you could help, IAS1988!

masterchief3k

Reaction score
hah, i don't think i can lend you my creativity, my dream that is. but i could help. I am thinking about a re-design of the layout, but maybe not...i think it may be too bland and too simple

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
hey, if you dont mind, is it okay if i play with just the image of your template on flash mx. if u can create the wires, i can animate them for you making it look as if they are going into the iframe. for the static effect i will need a mini video clip (if you can find one, it will be great). it is possible to make such a thing. you can actually turn that into a video box. you can have a image of a certain movie (when u mouse over, a mini clip come on), when u click image it opens in the iframe. i've seen such a thing (i believe it was made by macromedia).

if you have the png, file it will be great, (flash mx works great with png files). thou the wires will need to be transparent.

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Look awsome, keep up the good work like that and you;ll get better in no time!

masterchief3k

Reaction score
yeah, i am gonna be doing something that has to do with website management in school soon!

n4tec

Reaction score
it is a good plain layout but i cannot comment further when it is partial.. 5/10

clement

Reaction score
so far so good, keep working..the layout have some potential

oh yea nice choice of colours as well

taco|

Reaction score
You coded that really weird. o_O

But it's cool.. if you hover the 2nd set of links (the same links.. just under the 1st..) the 1st ones think you are hovering them, too. lol

I think it's too simple.. if you added the flash part it would be good though.

masterchief3k

Reaction score
WTH, it's a skrewed up in IE...firefox it looks good...wth....IE is ghey, and is suxx0rz. IE doesn't do anything right. It's probably my <div> codes that render wrong in IE, and because IE is ghey, and it sux.

supposed to look like this:

Last edited:

clement

Reaction score
looks good in firefox, lol.quite a number of ppl use IE so i think you shd let visitors know the site is best viewed in firefox