My Portfolio Site

xoandre58

Reaction score
I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for my website at http://www.xoandre.com
(that is the domain name I own that redirects to my x10 site)

I have made extensive use of CSS and DHTML and would hope to have someone with more experience provide feedback.

Also, if you just want to comment on the content of my portfolio, that's great too!

(to contact me directly, click on the "Contact Xo" link which is at the top of every page on the site.)

Thanks!

--Xo

andreichirtes82

Reaction score
Well ...

Site's nice
But: design is pretty basic. It reminds me of the good ol' days of the internet. Which in this year is kind of... weird.

Portfolio is kind of big, which is good. But I can't comment on it, because I have no experience in this domain.

I would suggest making the design less ... complicated . For example, the right hand column (blue repeating background) is kind of annoying when you scroll down a few times.

I don't know what to suggest anymore...

Your site is nice, that's it! :D Keep up the good work!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your old logo (from your site version 1.0) was better. The "tattoo" on the moon is hard to notice, and it's really difficult to tell what shape is intended.

Not that the old logo was perfect, mind you. The 3D plastic/metallic effect really feels dated now. It would really pop if you'd just let it be what it is, and it cries out to be a black-outlined, bright solid color. That might sound stereotypical, but it's the right look for the shape. Don't be afraid of culturally branding yourself; it will get you more work/clients than it will lose you.

You don't have to take it to the point of implying that you only work in the Native American genre. But for those who want a designer/artist/photographer who is sympathetic to their voice and can't find anyone who actually understands the culture, you will come as a breath of fresh air. And that doesn't just mean keeping the remnant of AIM alive either -- it's small businesses, community organizations, educational institutions, regional governments... the whole nine yards.

Keep in mind that your site is your brand. There's no "identity" in your current design. It's competent, but it could be anybody's site. Make it yours.