my RC 1:16 scale Tank website for begginers to the hobby

tittat

Reaction score
The layout is clean.
But black text in Grey background seems to be dull.

Forum theme is fine, but the theme and header image mismatches.

shcKr-

Reaction score
perhaps use higher quality images for the header?
and also change the black coloured text to something more readable :)

RRJJMM

Reaction score
Nice. I rarely like three column layouts, but this one is well done and efficient. I agree that the header pictures should be sharper, but I usually optimize my images as one of the last steps in developing a site, so that I am sure that I want to use them before I spend much effort on making them nice. Otherwise, the only thing that I might change is the location of the "Home" link. Call me old fashioned, but I like upper left.

Cheers,

JuniorD

Reaction score
don't use already made patterns, first of all. professionals usually never use patterns. they prefer to use simple solid colors. you don't necessarily have to look everywhere and find an image.

RcTankWarfare

Reaction score
thanks guys, the header was made a bit fuzzed to make the banner writing on it more readable. i dont want different colour text as the main because i wanted it to fit in with the sort of bunker look.

all the informatio going on the site has not yet been uploaded, and cupeled with the server being down things are arkward!

thanks guys,

Matt

Nathan H

Reaction score
The site looks really good, and the background suits the general theme and topic of the site. Normally i would say avoid pattern backgrounds, but this fits well. Try and alter the main grey though, if someone has they're brightness low it would be hard to read.