My sanity has left me and I am reduced to begging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leethowell87

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Here we go...

I am using a local installation of Xaamp and I can not for the life of me get this thing transferred to my domain - pantherstimes.com

Now let me say that I am really new to WordPress, and therefore I apologize beforehand. I would love it if someone could help me get my site transferred over from the local installation. Having said that, I am also curious as to how to make changes going forward. I know I am missing something (or a lot) - I am just not sure what the hell it is! :)

BTW - I am not IT illiterate - just wordpress, hosting, and developing illiterate.

Thanks,
Lee

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to your cPanel and click on softaculous. Choose Wordpress and click to install with the specifications that you wanted. After that, upload the css files and pics (that you used to make your Wordpress theme through your Xaamp) to the correct directories in the Filemanager section of your cPanel. Then there you go! :D

leethowell87

Reaction score
Thanks calistoy - I will give it a shot. I have a feeling that I am missing some database info - based on the error? but i am not sure what.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

There were two installations of WordPress listed under Softaculous. I deleted the one that i thought was not correct. But when I go to look at the details of the installation, Softaculous tells me that the installation directory does not exist. AAAARGHHHHH.

I bet it is something simple - that is what is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.