My site/forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaterminal

Reaction score
URL: http://alphaxtreme.exofire.net/forums
cPanel: ken2006

Everytime my site goes off, which seems to be at least once a day, I always check the online/offline pinned thread, and it would say online, but I can't access it, nor can any of my friends when I gave them the link.

Chris Z

Reaction score
about the status errors, try clearing your cache and deleting all the cookies

alphaterminal

Reaction score
But clearing that doesn't help. My site is like up 3 hours a day and the rest is either down or up and real slow for about 1 hour.

Chris Z

Reaction score
I'll say it once and I'll say it again, if you do not appreciate this FREE service, then LEAVE! if you can't appreciate all that we do (and remember that staff are volunteers and take out time of their own lives and get paid nothing to do it), then we could care less where you go.

Chris Z

Reaction score
alright, sorry but it sounded like you were complaining, if you need the answer to that, I would recommend PMing Brandon, since he designed that page

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
:X

Okay...uh....

I do appreciate it. And I read that staffs volunteer. But I'm just wondering why http://status.x10hosting.com/status.php says the HTTP is online, but I can't access it.

Actually he's got reason to go "wtf" here.

My sites loading but his is throwing me a 404 after flushing dns, clearing cookies (which logged me out of like 10 forums at once >_<), and doing everything I can to get it to load.

I'd say it's something on x10's end, but I honestly don't see how it can be when other sites on x10 still load :S Then again, it might very well be on x10's end, and I just don't see how it could be because I know jack about running a webserver :S

Edit: The only reason that his server status page is showing http is online is because it _is_ online. Something's broken somewhere thats preventing the site from loading altogether.

Evidence: My site loads, his doesnt, and both server pages said http was online.

Last edited:

alphaterminal

Reaction score
Brandon just changed my account to the x10hosting domain instead of the exofire domain. I'm not sure if that terminated my site or anything. Can someone check?

alphaterminal

Reaction score
Oh okay. Well I'll wait then. Rather do it now than have the site go down every now and then. I just hope it gets stable in due time.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the domain name change went threw due to the fact of the recoding on the back end, a lot of things haven't been working, for us AM.

alphaterminal

Reaction score
I'll say. LOL

Wish you guys the best on resolving whatever problems there are.

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
Heh,

We WILL be the best once we have our shiny new tools!
We have a thread in the staff forum about problems for the admins like this - I believe your thread is mentioned.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Oddly enough I think it might've been a dns thing - it's loading fine here when it wasn't before, and that could easily be a dns thing (using Verizon Online DSL which updates DNS about as often as I watch the Matrix or March of the Penguins (once every 3 days, I'm friggin addicted -_-'))

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
hmm, you have Verizon and your DNS updates every 3 days, that stinks, I have Verizon and it updates about every 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.