My site gets hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

izy95

Reaction score
Hi, my site keeps getting a non-confirmed login ? the ip address is " 82.46.204.134 ". Ive blocked access via CloudFlare, i was wondering if an admin can block this hacker from accessing my site AT THE FULL STOP, which means... visiting the site, loging in and etc.

Thanks, i like this service, but if my account gets hacked that quickly, well not enough security !

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, the IP traces to the same area as yours.

And please define "hacked". What did he do?

By "site", do you mean cPanel or your site software? What software?

Lots of scripts have IP blocking, but I don't know how well it works with CloudFlare. Same with .htaccess use and CloudFlare.

izy95

Reaction score
The ip shouldnt be the same as mine, i have an idea of who it can be... as they live in the same area, but they delete my files and change the FTP files to say blah blah, is it possible to have only TWO ip addresses that are aloud to sign in?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Again, you didn't say what you meant by "hacked" or "signed in".

If you think someone is signing into your account via FTP, change your password.

izy95

Reaction score
I think maybe they are, but ive got my friend to help out, and he said that he changed the cPanel configurations and etc, to stop brute force and that.

But he was able to get into the account and delete my webmail accounts and etc. and he was making a request to change the password every few hours.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
So it was your friend that hacked your account? I suggest that you change password immediately and don't let him log into your account anymore.

izy95

Reaction score
So it was your friend that hacked your account? I suggest that you change password immediately and don't let him log into your account anymore.

Nooooo, i thought it was him, but he said it isnt him, and he doesnt know the password. also i dont let him log in, only person who logs in is me and my buisness partner who has a share of the company.

Anyway of fixing this ?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
But you just said that your friend helped you by changing your account cPanel configurations himself. How did he even do that by himself without logging into your account?

Have you checked with your business partner? This is the first time, you've confirmed that there is another authorized person that can log in. If he's in the same area as you, how do you know that he didn't log in and do this?

I suggest that you take better security precautions if you are getting hacked.

izy95

Reaction score
But you just said that your friend helped you by changing your account cPanel configurations himself. How did he even do that by himself without logging into your account?

Have you checked with your business partner? This is the first time, you've confirmed that there is another authorized person that can log in. If he's in the same area as you, how do you know that he didn't log in and do this?

I suggest that you take better security precautions if you are getting hacked.

I gave my friend the details AFTER the hacking started, since he knows more about webhosting as he has a succesful website. And my buisness partner isnt doing this, as he only uses the webmail ( doesnt know about anything else to do with the cPanel etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.