My Site is Not Updating & there are Problems Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
I have edited 6 pages of my site:
www.EdisonTigersAlumni.com

For some reason, they are not being updated on the site...and the site is having problems being loaded by several computers.

The only thing I can think of is that possibly I'm selecting the wrong Encoding. When I created my acct with X10 there was no option to select between different encodings...and then some time later there were maybe 4 or 5 options...now there's like 100 options! I have tried the pre-selected default ("Ansi_x3.110-1983") with no luck...so then I switched to "ISO-8859-1" also with no luck.

From my CPanel, when I select "Show File", I see the file in HTML Text format & the changes are visible...but when I navigate to these same pages, the last version of the respective pages, which is about 3 weeks old is displayed.

I have already cleared the Cache & Cookies thinking that maybe that was the problem. I am using Google Web Accelerator on all of my computers. Is this possible causing the problem?

I am currently running the latest versions of Mozilla FireFox & IE. Same problem on Both Browsers.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Stoli's apache is currently offline.
It may be that Google Web Accelerator is giving you a cached version of the page. Try disabling it and seeing if your site works then.

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
I disabled Google Web Accelerator and still the same thing...so I think it's prob Apache. Any Idea when Apache will be back up?

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
nope...not any more.
Edit:
it's loading now, but unfortunately I'm still having the original problem.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
It appears that your browser is loading a cached version of the page since apache on stoli is offline.

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
I re-cleared the cache...

Any Idea when Apache will be back up? Once it comes up will that also solve the problem with the Updating of my edited pages?

What Encoding should I be using for my site? I'm in USA & really don't have any special scripts or anything running on my site. There's a total of maybe 10 gif/jpeg images & Google Calendar on 1 page but besides that it's 100% Formatted Text. I created the site Using MS Frontpage 2003/2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.