my site is now "not found" - what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

granger99

Reaction score
Hello, I just tried to log in to my dot com site free hosted on x10, and it is "not found." Was there a major server outage or something?

I have logged into the forum regularly as required!

Please help.

Thank you.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. URL for your site? When was the last time you visited it?
2. By 'log in' , do you mean Account Panel or cPanel when you receive the 'not found' error?
3. Currently does not show a hosting account linked with this Forum username. Might you have had a second account?

granger99

Reaction score
It's been several weeks since I logged in to the site. But I was logging into the forum in order to keep my account active. I do believe the cpanel username and password are different, but I was accessing them after logging into the forum. Now you have changed the x10 site completely, so none of that works any longer...

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sadly I did not find an account by the name jeffg99 on Absolut, so if your cPanel name is jeffg99 it does look as it has been terminated. Currently I do not have access to checking if it has actually been terminated, or if there's something else that has caused it to disappear.

Remember that logging into the forums only prevents inactivity suspensions, your account could have been suspended for high resource usage for instance, which is why you should check your site regularly.

granger99

Reaction score
May I ask how this happened? My site was a blog with only one posting on it and very little traffic - the resource usage would have been minimal!

Did you change a bunch of things here at x10? I notice the forum is completely different now than it was three months ago when I signed up. Did you migrate servers and lose my data?

Should I continue to trust x10, or go elsewhere? What if I start over and this happens again?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not saying resource usage is the reason, just stating that it is one of the automated ones that commonly occur. I can not check why the account was suspended or even if it actually was, as it no longer exist on the server.

Last edited:

granger99

Reaction score
What do we do now? Can we start over? I want to get my site back up. Please advise.

granger99

Reaction score
Do I have to start from the beginning again? Don't you already have my details on file?

Status
Not open for further replies.