My site often goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It just loads a blank page a lot of the time. The x10hosting staff have told me that it's because my site is too popular and attracts too much traffic for the x10hosting servers to handle, and that I should pay them money to switch to x10premium. I however do not believe this is the case, especially since we only have 50 or so members, and of those members, only about 10 of them are actual dedicated and active posters. At times when there are only 1-3 users (including guests) on at once this still happens. And it's down for everyone for like an hour and a half when it does this. It's so annoying and in the past such a thing never happened. Please help, my URL is: http://pcannon.x10hosting.com/forums/

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
attracts too much traffic for the x10hosting servers to handle, and that I should pay them money to switch to x10premium

where?

Your site loads ultra fast for me.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
That is what FREE hosting is.. If you want the stability it really won't be FREE.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, it works for me..

Reaction score
Yes, it works for me..

Did you actual test it instead of just going to "downforeveryoneorjustme.com"?

I'm talking about right now, not 5 minutes ago, right now.

edit
cPanel is also down whenever it goes down. Here is a screenshot of the blankness.

2qn74lu.png

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I just visited your website. It loaded very quickly and without errors. Just like it did for Derek.
I'm talking about right now, not 5 minutes ago, right now.
I went to your site 2 minutes after you posted that. As I said, it was working.
And yes, I 'tested it", just like I am absolutely sure Derek did.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe your refreshing it too much.

Reaction score
Maybe your refreshing it too much.

???
No.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

It works for me when I use a proxy, but not when I just use a normal browser apparently.

edit
But what about everyone else who experiences this error.

edit 2
Not even the proxy works now.

Last edited:

omnipotent

Reaction score
It loads for me. Since your not getting a server not found I would try to see if any of your php scripts for your forums are taking too long to execute.

dlukin

Reaction score
Your page makes a lot of image requests that give 404 File Not Found errors. That slows display down.

The page HTML is 70K. It requests Prototype, which is 70+K. Change to load the js file from AOL or Google so you won't have to worry about x10's servers.

Reaction score
It loads for me. Since your not getting a server not found I would try to see if any of your php scripts for your forums are taking too long to execute.

How could I do check?

edit
It seems to happen after posting. So perhaps that would be a good place to start.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not working here. What server are you on?

~Callum

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
There were some temporary issues with the Chopin server which should be resolved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.