My Site thenerdforum.co.cc

brayden13

Reaction score
My site is http://thenerdforum.co.cc it has a forum, blog and a small section that i put some games for the people at school to play because my site isn't blocked at school.
The blog is a Wordpress blog and the forum is phpBB one as well. i hope to get some good reviews.

Blog
Forum

Cyclone103

Reaction score
Its not bad, but the themes do not exactly mesh together. You gotta pick a theme and stick with it lol!

brayden13

Reaction score
i try to get them to work, i had a black theme for the forum but i couldn't find the new post button! and i'm going to get a black theme for the home page, the homepage is a old one and wordpress and the forum had a different theme back then. Thanks for the reply.

xmakina

Reaction score
Okay. Not bad for a first go.

The themes are pretty poor. The solid black bar seems very techy and fits with the sites purpose but then there's a kind of stony texture just once across the top. I'm using FF3 so your CSS is wrong somewhere.

On the games page the blog and forum navigation buttons disappear. Also, do you have permissions to host those games?

The blog looks like a completely different site with no clear way to get back. This puts a lot of users off. The whole point of a theme is to give your website a distinct look and feel, changing it on each page defeats the point.

Same for the forum.

Last edited:

brayden13

Reaction score
i see what you mean on the games page, i mainly had that for my mates at school. i have a hard time finding themes because i have slow internet. this site was down for ages because of troubles with the lotus server. i'm trying to juggle all this between school and all sorts of stuff like that.

Cyclone103

Reaction score
Its okay, the themes do not have to match, thought it would look nice. I am gonna try to NOT rely too hard on external services (forums, blog, wiki, etc.) so that my site is consistent in theme. You know, other than the site mnot matching in parts, it is good overall!

brayden13

Reaction score
@Cyclone103, I already did change the theme. I decided to when I changed my account to Ad-Enhanced Corporate. The ads are below the links.

shcKr-

Reaction score
its not bad i guess, but if you do what the others suggested it would be better :)