My site was down because all its files went missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimd999

Reaction score
My site seems to have been down since like June 15th; I wasn't getting anything about being suspended, just the site not there, and almost no hits on Google Analytics. I finally was able to connect via ftp and discovered it was just a case of all the HTML and other files being missing. No doubt this was an unintended consequence of whatever the chinese fire drill was with the servers. I uploaded everything again and now all seems hunky-dory. Disconcerting though.

rdouglas

Reaction score
Look for a /check directory in your home dir and look in it. See if your original files are in it.

d1tto

Reaction score
ouch that certainly is disconcerting. Are you on a free account or a paid for one?

omnipotent

Reaction score
I have the same problem I am a free hosting and my site has been down for almost 2 weeks I was transferred from lotus to fris all my files are missing and I can't make any changes to my dns which is a mess now and it says I have used any subdomins and add-on domains when I log into the x10hosing account overview it shows that I have all my domains but in the cpanel I see nothing and I can't add any thing since I get an error. Also all my files for my 2 Joomla websites are missing as I have said at least I have backups.

jimd999

Reaction score
I'm on free hosting. And I didn't actually lose anything, I still had all the files locally, plus lots of backups, and I just uploaded them to the server again.

The only directory name I found in my public html directory at first was cgi-bin. I had to create one called gifs to put my image files in, that being the long-time convention of my site. Didn't find anything called "check".

The bad part was just that it took me a few days, at a time when other stuff had me busy already, to figure out why my stuff wasn't being served. One theory that floated through my head briefly was maybe X10 had gone out of business or been acquired by Turkish investors or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.