My site's links keep linking back to an old hosting account...

unaffectionate

Reaction score
I changed my links COUNTLESS times; yet it still links to an old host (demonology.clawz.com). I've even deleted those accounts...can anybody help me?

atreyu.x10hosting.com (I know that my iframe bg doesn't work xD)

-Sophie

audionation

Reaction score
change this in your liks html href="http://demonology.clawz.com/page.html
to
href="http://atreyu.x10hosting.com/page.html"

Hope this works

Thanks,
Steven Ross

unaffectionate

Reaction score
Did you not read what I said? I've changed it COUNTLESS times. When I click on my buttons, it links there. When I view source, it links there. Why?

audionation

Reaction score
Erm...

Edit it in notepad or is that what your doing?

Thanks,
Steven Ross

unaffectionate

Reaction score
yeah, I edited it in Notepad. I then deleted my old footer.php file and replaced it with the new one...x.x . I've just done it again; it's exactly the same...

audionation

Reaction score
Wierd

Soz but I cant help you here, for one last shot upload it via cpanels file manager.

Can anyone else help?

Thanks,
Steven Ross

Richard

Reaction score
Go through every file youe have relating to index2.php

If that doesn't work just send me the files and I'll have a look

fergandross

Reaction score
Well i could only suggest one thing that could possibly help, try and contact your old hosting firm and ask them to completely wip off the files and if it still stays the same then ask them what could possibly be done

audionation

Reaction score
Well..

Ferh that would not help as the links would still point to the old hosting

Thanks,
Steven Ross

unaffectionate

Reaction score
I think that I may have solved my problem...let me check ^_^

No..I haven't. x.x
The thing is, if I go to the iframe directly, it still works. It's just either the footer or index2 that's going manky...*sighs*. I'll send them over, seeker. x.x

fergandross

Reaction score
well i still think that you shoul contact the ol hosting firm becasue you will still have the old link but they might still have something on file that makes ur old account viable for usage, so your old link could easily be redirected becasue your account is still open, so basically you can ask them to shut it down but if they have no suggesstions then i don't have a clue

audionation

Reaction score
No

no its the html on x10hosting thats wrong its got nothing to do with the old host.

Thanks,
Steven Ross

fergandross

Reaction score
have you seen the files? take a look before you do something wrong you even said to me yourself that you don't know everything so it could possibly be an error from something else (<<<<<^^^^^to audionation), it could even be one of the files on your computer girl...but you should check every single opportunity before you just pick one, but you've already tried countless times so i suggest trying EVERYTHING before choosing between some things, just go for everything it might be worth the bother, no matter what anyone says...but it could possibly be the html for x10 hosting but i don't know how their html can link anything to do with your old hosting account unless they shared files or yuo gave them info on ur last account or wanted to transfer anything from ur old account...

Well i hope you get through it ok xxx