My SQL and PHP

gazzac

Reaction score
Hello,

i currently have a PHP script for a Staff login supplies info for staff and few other bits and pieces, i have had this made for me i know Very Little PHP.

i was told i need to create a MYSQL database and connect the PHP Script to the MySQL

1) ive created the My SQL
2) i have no idea how to add the SQL to the PHP Script i no i need to add the following
my username and password for login
the database name
i got told something about FTP - confused by that why would i need to upload via that when i can upload via the upload button and unzip it
What sort of coding am i looking for examples would be helpful what would i need to change to connect it.

lhyman

Reaction score
you should really post your script here so we can have a look....

veightar31

Reaction score
Yea I think a sample of the script or what the script is actually suppose to do can help.
From what i read about your post, it seems you have already set up your database.
Custom designed script should be accompanied by the real sql database to run at your database, and should contain a file which will connect to the databse.
Often times, the connection script contains the instruction to connect to the database like for example
<?php
$db_hostname = ';
$db_database = '';
$db_username = '';
$db_password = '';
?>

or

mysql_connect($db_hostname, $db_username, $db_password);

No one can know exactly what you should be looking for in the connection script except someone with the script.

For uploading through ftp, it might be due to the mode in which the script should be uploaded. Some scripts only work in a certain ftp mode. Just follow the instructions or else, you will end up with bugs all over

tsniper

Reaction score
I have the same problem
how do i will know these parameters?? or from any configuration ??
$db_hostname = ';
$db_database = '';
$db_username = '';
$db_password = '';

any solution please ??

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

i currently have a PHP script for a Staff login supplies info for staff and few other bits and pieces, i have had this made for me i know Very Little PHP.

i was told i need to create a MYSQL database and connect the PHP Script to the MySQL

1) ive created the My SQL
2) i have no idea how to add the SQL to the PHP Script i no i need to add the following
my username and password for login
the database name
i got told something about FTP - confused by that why would i need to upload via that when i can upload via the upload button and unzip it
What sort of coding am i looking for examples would be helpful what would i need to change to connect it.

If you are using the script for employee management,
you can have direct better free php software here.

www.phptimeclock.com

or just google phptimeclock and you are there.
No problems with it whatsoever.
We are running on the same.

Regards,
VVBB