My Sql User Name And Pass Requires

devin

Reaction score
if you need some help seting it up, read http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel/

when installing vB the Database name looks like username_vbulletin
user: cpaneluser_mysqlusername
pass: password

you have to add a user then add it to the database.

kryptonyte

Reaction score
If you bought VBulletin and don't know how to set it up you are either stupid or your "friend" gave you a nulled script which are illegal and you could get in serious trouble for it. And like everyone above me said simply go into the MySQL section of your Cpanel and create a user with a pass and also link it with your database you created.

Origin

Reaction score
Well said.

So...how often does a guy buy a vB license and host on free accounts? o_O

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Thats true, lol

Jolly, if you need some help installing it, PM me with your cPanel Username, Password (Please CHANGE it before you send it to me) and the script in a zip file to tomrleighton@googlemail.com

Of course i wont install it if it is "nulled" :)

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
kryptonyte said:
If you bought VBulletin and don't know how to set it up you are either stupid or your "friend" gave you a nulled script which are illegal and you could get in serious trouble for it. And like everyone above me said simply go into the MySQL section of your Cpanel and create a user with a pass and also link it with your database you created.

Although this has been answered already ( the inital question ) I just wanted to point out the rude comment that was tossed in with the answer.
I know squat about various MySQL, PhP, HTML ... so if I was to spend a ton of money on a software - they do come with installation help ... but its nice to have someone that understands it help me.

Personally, being called stupid because you don't know how to install something is a bit harsh.

mcnair

Reaction score
why should he pay for a service when he can get a great one free from Corey and x10? he already paid a good deal of money for a top notch forum and he prolly wants to save a bit on hosting.

i think jolly was most gracious by ignoring it and even giving thanks to all who replied. that's real class right there.