My Website - First Time Using CSS

What do you rate my site (for the first website I've ever made)?

• 1 - Worst

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - Best

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I didn't do much with CSS except put colors in, since that's all i know how to do. Here is the URL: http://project-griffin.x10hosting.com/index.html. It's a portfolio of all of the projects I'm working on. Currently, I only have one: Griffin Games. When that's finished, I plan on making either a Guitar Hero Aerosmith help site or a RuneScape help site.

P.S. If someone could point me to a tutorial on inserting a 'navbar', I'd appreciate it a lot ;).

Last edited:

nightscream

Reaction score
I didn't even vote because the css it has in it, is nothing spectacular. It's to basic.

LHVWB

Reaction score
I've seen worse - some of my friends are really bad at programming and web development, you should probably have a look through a css tutorial to gain some better skills with it, I would start at the tutorial below and then look around for tutorials that related to what you want to do, by searching with google.

http://www.w3schools.com/Css/default.asp

MarioMaster

Reaction score
like i said before, this is the first website i've ever created. cut me some slack!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
technecly..its a webPAGE..not a website...and it isnt really css...you can do all of those things in HTML...

anyways...thats really a page with a bunch of text on it...

.5/10

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Nice start! You've not done anything advanced yet, but you've grasped the basics of styling elements well; which is a foundation if you like to build on. Your CSS is well formed and tidy (I like tidy CSS, see my CSS and my site lol).

I think you've done good. I'd agree with using the W3 schools tutorial on CSS to learn the more advanced stuff, but you've started well. You must bear in mind that taking things steady and mastering one skill at a time rather than trying to do loads at once is the best way to learn. Keep up the good work!

-Luke.

Last edited:

MarioMaster

Reaction score
thx, luke. does anyone know if it's possible to make/slice a website in Photoshop Elements 6? if so, what's a good tutorial to follow?

JuniorD

Reaction score
too simple. its just text and a background anyways. I say a 2. get rid of the red and black. thats not too popular nowadays.

jaco_don

Reaction score
Where am I ?????????

today I have visited 2 websites in this forum ... which made me remember my older Internet days ... Summer of 99 with HTML