My website is gone, dead, no more, zero f*cks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

neslimp2

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question for the staff, and or user who might have a clue.

This was my website: http://tny.im/2YZ
I was working on it within 2 weeks, until today.
I can't login CPanel nor the website is working anymore, for better understanding please see "Long Full Story".

Yesterday, I was with the CPanel, website, and wordpress dashboard opened, on my laptop, when, all off a sudden I stomp on the power wire, and, of course, the computer shutdown (no battery).
So, I let it rest and just use it today.

(If you are asking, what it has to do with anything, just bare with me please)

Everything worked as usual, but when I clicked on the CPanel tab, it reloads and asked for the login.
So I tried what I think it was my login, but with no success, so I went to the x10hosting homepage, and choose, "forgot my password", and waited for a while for the email to arrived, and nothing happen.

At this point the website is still accessible and working as it should

Thinking it could be an issue with that option, I went "starting a new website", using the same name and domain, in this case "neslimpa.x10.mx", then used the same email I used previous, on the first time, thinking it would clearly understand it was the same person trying to logon and hopefully sent and email to confirm and reset the password, but, off course not, that's why I am writing this.

Insted that operation just reuse the same name and domain, and made another account, funny enough it was named "neslimpa2".

I went to "my websites" and NOTHING, I went to "backups" and ZERO.
Worried and confused I refresh my website and wordpress dashboard, when it showed the worst page I wished to see... NOT FOUND.

So I just wanted to understand what's wrong, and how can I make it back to life, or at least a backup.

Please Help me I wasted so many hours on it.

My account name was QUIM1478963.
My website domain was neslimpa.x10.mx
Here is a pic of it working: http://tny.im/2YZ

If it helped I can send to the staff a homepage backup I made, before I refresh the page.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know what your old cPanel username was? QUIM1478963 is too long to have been it unfortunately.

neslimp2

Reaction score
Do you know what your old cPanel username was? QUIM1478963 is too long to have been it unfortunately.
I don't really remember, I think it was that!
After scrolling trough history of the browser, I see quimx10, and I remember initially there was an automatic website (after installing the wordpress I suppose) that was named like that "quimx10", but how can I design for a 2 week time a working website without any problem? I even remember now, seeing two backups, one for quim.x10 and other for neslimpa.x10...

I am really confused about what happen here..:confused:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing any active hosting or terminated hosting with quimx10 as the username; the only possibilities I normally would have thought were an inactivity suspension, but given that there's no terminate record that doesn't appear to be the case. Do you still have the original email sent from when your hosting account was created, and if so what does it show that we might be able to use to locate the account?

northdis

Reaction score
Your website is fine, it is still up and running. Your website has the same small error as my website, if you can still access your website's files via FTP, you can attempt to fix the problem. It is a problem with the images because it is showing a corrupted photo on your website's homepage. Same thing with mine, I couldn't log in to admin panel until I deleted a couple of photos from the website via ftp.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Except that if he's been working on the site for two weeks as he's indicated, then there is a problem, because the current account hosting neslimpa.x10.mx was created on 10-21-15, which leads us back to point 1 - where is the site/data that he was apparently working on for two weeks.

Edit: I should add that staff can see the accounts linked to the forum accounts, along with its creation date.

ShadowedGrinner

Reaction score
Working on it for two weeks doesn't mean that he was working on it through x10hosting.
He could have made it through a local copy or transferred it; then it resulted in an error.

neslimp2

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply everyone..

So, I am remember now, that I used an temporary email, so I can't show the email received.
Also, I tried to access by ftp, without success.

Please, everyone must read the spoiler, on the first post.

( neslimpa.x10.mx "shows that was created" on 21 of Oct, because I made a new account with the same domain... I guessed no one could use and already working domain, without any special permission... I just wanted to reset the password to access CPanel)

I can give the staff the credentials for ftp access, or can I post here? Since Neither I have access to the website.

Thank you in advance

neslimp2

Reaction score
Working on it for two weeks doesn't mean that he was working on it through x10hosting.
He could have made it through a local copy or transferred it; then it resulted in an error.

Nope, I post an image on first post, I was working live, directly on the website, Online.

I even test the website on site-analyzer.com, here is a pic of it today, (it shows like this probably because it still is on cache.
analyser1.png

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If the FTP login had your cPanel username as part of it that will work; unfortunately without the cPanel username there isn't much we will be able to identify, especially since it let you reuse the same domain - that shouldn't be possible unless the old domain no longer existed.

neslimp2

Reaction score
If the FTP login had your cPanel username as part of it that will work; unfortunately without the cPanel username there isn't much we will be able to identify, especially since it let you reuse the same domain - that shouldn't be possible unless the old domain no longer existed.

That's what I thought, I tried to reset the password, on the login page, and nothing happens, (because i used a temp email, initially I was only testing the host, but went on working on the site, I know, silly me..), so I started a new account, thinking it will say that the domain was already in use, and give me any option to recover the credentials or something

Status
Not open for further replies.