My website on Himalayas

himalaya

Reaction score
Hi,
Please provide me on opinions regarding my site on the Himalayas providing my experiences and photos on the Himalayas.

http://himalaya.elementfx.com

The arrow will lead you to Ladakh section, and on the other links, only the 'Kumaon' section is uploaded. Others are not. I just want to know am I headed in the right direction.

In some days, I will be changing the first page, which will have links to all the sections. At present it is haphazard, as I am still developing it.

Thanks

JuniorD

Reaction score
not bad. i like it. :D

edit: Wow, signed up Aug 2007 and made one post. sort of ironic lol.

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
woah, I indeed have to say this is a nice layout that has been hand coded
its very simple and too the point; the text is easy on the eyes

keep up the good work, you should post more on the forum; you have very good potential

himalaya

Reaction score
thank you very much.
I haven't posted here, because, I had signed up in Aug. Studies kept me busy and I could not keep up with my site. For practically 9 months, there was only the index page. I used to sign in in the forums to keep it alive, as this is the best free hosting I have ever found. Finally now I have the time, and I am concentrating on the page. I will post more often.

RRJJMM

Reaction score
Great layout. Very clean and elegant.

You might want to add some alt tags to your pictures to make the site more search engine friendly (its really nice, so you want to make sure that lots of people see it.

Cheers,

Last edited:

akv003

Reaction score
I like you layout and concept, just a suggestion you need to add good valuable information wih respect to target audiences to invite more visitor.

Again, Nice work

savvy_000

Reaction score
Very well done, although dint like the way pictures were opening in a pop up window, you should use the lightbox effect for the pictures, it will be gr8 with that...do a google search for lightbox or rokbox, both are very good for pictures especially if you want them to open in the same window...otherwise 10/10

gottaloveit

Reaction score
Very nice! I especially like the header logo at the top.

One suggestion I can make is about the blocks of paragraph text. The font is a little tough to read - might want to switch to a basic arial or times new roman. As well, i find its easier to read paragraphs if they are narrow paragraphs - so you might want to put the text in a long column on the left, and have the pictures in a column on the right.

Keep it up!