My Website - Please Comment

designerseye

Reaction score
WORK IN PROGRESS

This is my first attempt at producing a website, I am in the process of learning the Dreamweaver program and things going very slowly at the moment.

I would be very grateful if you would leave your comments and any ideas on how this site could be improved…

Thanks in advance.!

http://www.designerseye.co.cc

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Sorry will move this to...
Review My Site

mattblog

Reaction score
Good for you for realizing it needs to be moved. The website is great though and the images you make are just a great. tell me, what program do you use to make them? illustrator, photoshop, or whatever because what you make are great. keep up the great work! :biggrin:

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Aesthetically, there are a few places your site needs some improvement:
1. Link colours: a visited link barely shows up against the background and the default blue links don't fit at all with the rest of the page.
2. Black is a very difficult colour to get right; white or pastel coloured backgrounds are far more forgiving and make a better showcase for graphical design work.
3. You've posted your email address, which is never a smart thing to do as you will end up with a horrendous spam issue. The best alternative is to have a dedicated form in PHP that handles sending emails.
The design work you have made isn't really displayed to its full potential in this current website, it is an OK start and with some modifications here and there you could have a really pleasing portfolio.

mattblog

Reaction score
actually yes, you are probably right,.., you should make a contact form. Theres one in fantastico or you can use emailmeform.com which does nto require any php knowledge.

designerseye

Reaction score
I have used a combination all the programs you mention, but the main one is the amazing Photoshop and some C4d that I am just getting to grips with.

Thank you both for the comments, I will try all the changes and ideas suggested and repost with updates in the near future.

Thanks again…

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The best place to look for ideas is right there in your "branding" examples -- the letterhead examples in the splash graphic are pretty much exactly what you want for your page layout. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 3D gold text is, like, so-o-o 1998. (In fact, it looks like it was created using either Asymetrix's 3DFX or ULead's Cool3D -- programs that were current in the late '90s and used to create exactly those text effects. I had copies of both back in the day.) Do for yourself what you'd do for your customers -- create a consistent brand identity, and design your page initially as if you were designing for print, then adapt the design for the browser.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
*****Thread Moved to Review My Site*****

designerseye

Reaction score
Very good constructive criticism will take your comments on board and work on amending as suggested; all comments have been great and are giving me a lot to think about.

I am very happy I posted.

Thanks all….

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

what is (mod status) and where do I find it? sorry for being a thick ****, just getting use to all this.