My website running Wordpress is giving me Fatal Error after server changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms.semlali54

Reaction score
Hello,

I know free server are taking some changes. I was on Starka, now I'm on Absolut. During theses changes, my website was completely down, now the main domaine (msemlali.x10.mx) is working fine, but this domaine (which is running the latest version of Wordpress) http://followthegeeks.com is not. it is giving me this fatal error :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxxxxxxxx bytes exhausted (tried to allocate xxxxxxxx bytes) in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on line xxxxx

the xxxxxxxx values are changing.

hgsuppor

Reaction score
I am also running Wordpress, and I am having the same problem. I've brought the problem up in several threads and no admins have replied

ms.semlali54

Reaction score
The problem has been solved by adding
PHP:
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');
to wp-config.php

jfshoste

Reaction score
Hello ms.semlali54,

I'm not an admin but I had seen a similar issue earlier on the IRC channel, I didn't think to check how WordPress is configured but it looks like the memory limit had not been set up correctly for some reason for your WordPress installation if it in herits this limit from PHP since the platform limit is 64MB if I am not mistaken?

Either way, good to hear how you got that working!

Regards
Jim,

devgolan

Reaction score
Hello,

I am also facing same problem after server changes, and even after adding define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M'); in wp-config.php, its not working..

Please resolve this issue and let me know what to do?

I dont know if i am allowed to post website link here or not, so if u require, let me know..

devgolan

Reaction score
Hello,

I am also facing same problem after server changes, and even after adding define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M'); in wp-config.php, its not working..

Please resolve this issue and let me know what to do?

I dont know if i am allowed to post website link here or not, so if u require, let me know..

Its working now after i added

php_value memory_limit 64M
in .htaccess

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like the sites posted in the thread are working. If you have an issue please create your own separate thread \ ticket.

anur4g

Reaction score
i am also on same chopin server and was also earlier having same problem,but now since the move to vox is complete the problem is gone

thanks x10

Status
Not open for further replies.