My YouTube Blog Vlog

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Give me the good bad and suggestions

anyway
lachyTV
My YouTube Account

The site and layout itself is pretty good. The "Sharing is Sexy" thing, along with anything that shifts the entire page down, is pretty annoying; try to find a way to get the new buttons to appear without making the whole page move, possibly through a side-scrolling effect. Also, you don't need two Twitter buttons - you should probably get rid of the one on the side.

lachytv

Reaction score
Ok, With the twitter button are you talking about the one on the right hand side by itself?
Also With the scrolling effect would you have any suggestion about how to do that? I am not a web coder I just used free WordPress Plugins but I can copy and paste stuff fairly well. :)

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Also With the scrolling effect would you have any suggestion about how to do that? I am not a web coder I just used free WordPress Plugins but I can copy and paste stuff fairly well. :)

I recommend moving the Sharing Buttons (Sexy Bookmarks) to only on single post pages and at the bottom of posts so it doesn't move so much of the page which causes some drag effect with the Flash videos. This can be set in the Sexy Bookmarks options in your WP Admin section.

I also notice you are using WP Super Cache. I'll like to caution that caching plugins tend to consume a lot of CPU and many users using that plugin have been suspended for high resource usage.

lachytv

Reaction score
Guys I have fixed everything up, I think its slightly better now as well, any ideas on promotion ect?

praytell24

Reaction score
It's a very nice template. There are some spelling and capitalization errors in some of the paragraphs and articles, but that's nothing a little spellcheck can't fix.

lachytv

Reaction score
It's a very nice template. There are some spelling and capitalization errors in some of the paragraphs and articles, but that's nothing a little spellcheck can't fix.
Yes English is a problem for me, I will have to work at that everything is in English UK/Australia.

Anybody know any good ways of improving my English?

How Should I promote my blog? I started the blog as a way to promote my YouTube Videos, I also then started a section for more blog style personal stuff.