MyBB Too Many Connection Errors Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas83

Reaction score
This is the 2nd time I have to report this!

x10Hosting user: sarcadex
I run a MyBB forum. http://sarcade.net/
And I've been getting this error that says "1040 - Too many connections"
I looked this up and it's from the max_user_connections inside the SQL database.
I don't know if I can change that, which I don't think I can.
So how could I fix this error? It's an off and on error.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not "limited for free users". It's a per-server setting (for performance). Increasing the number of allowed connections means that there will be a greater chance of the request timing out while your query is in the queue. Different error, but still an error — and there would actually be a greater chance of that happening than a connection pool collision.

Being on a less crowded server with fewer other accounts making connections you will see the error happening less frequently (if ever). Yes, going to Premium (or Illuminated) will accomplish that.

thomas83

Reaction score
It's not "limited for free users". It's a per-server setting (for performance). Increasing the number of allowed connections means that there will be a greater chance of the request timing out while your query is in the queue. Different error, but still an error — and there would actually be a greater chance of that happening than a connection pool collision.

Being on a less crowded server with fewer other accounts making connections you will see the error happening less frequently (if ever). Yes, going to Premium (or Illuminated) will accomplish that.

I get this error with just 2 people viewing my website. Explain that...

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Again, it's connections per server. You are sharing a server with thousands and thousands of other accounts, and many of them are also using database connections at any given time. (And do keep in mind that not all of the software/scripts that people are using are well-written and economical with their database connection and use.)

That's the down side of Free Hosting, and the reason it can be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.