Myspace hates us.

iwaproductions

Reaction score
For some reason, when I add my website to a Myspace link, it says it won't go to it due to spamming and phishing coming from the webhost...

Is there any way around this? I want people to be able to go to the site straight from my Myspace.

tittat

Reaction score
Since you are on a shared Free hosting there may be many users abusing the service making Myspace to blacklist our server ip. The best way to get rid of it is go for opting a paid hosting or buy one custom ip address instead of current shared ip.

As an immediate solution you may try posting short url ( or use any other free domain forwarding service ) instead of posting direct link to your site at Myspace. Sorry but am not well sure about if it works or not.
regards
~subeesh

zen-r

Reaction score
And please remember to post back here, to let others know the best solution you find that works.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
My site was blocked from my school's computers because pcriot.com is a proxy service. All I had to do was get a co.cc domain, and it works fine.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the tiny url solution yet?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If you use Firefox, try this :)

1: Open up about:config
2: Go through prompt if you didn't disable it
3: find the value network.http.sendReferrerHeader
4: Change the Integer from 1 to 0
5: Restart Firefox
6: ???

Yes this may mess up some websites who designed their sites in an odd way (such as those who use a URL based Authentication string, and then refers to the referring string for the actual authentication) but if it works fine, then great!

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But how does that solve the problem of other people's browsers?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
But how does that solve the problem of other people's browsers?

See, the way I take it, MySpace is reading the referring information from the user's browser, such as from what site linked to MySpace and then checking it against the server IP. The way I take it, since x10Hosting can be prone to spam related content based on what x10 provides (free hosting), MySpace blacklisted it due to someone's possible stupidity either on x10Hosting, or from someone who formerly owned/was on the server's IP in the past. What blocking the referring agent would do is, it'll make that show up as nothing, so it'll look more like the visitor is visiting a page from their bookmarks or from their history rather than a site, thus masking the supposably spam site/server/IP in question.

As per other browsers, say hello to a proxy that masks such info unless there's a way to filter out the referring agent (or you'd like to copy the link, go to Google and then paste the site). If this error is showing up through a proxy itself, then that's another story. Otherwise, my best suggestion is to temporarilly disable referring agents to see if it lets you onto Myspace, and if it does, use it until the MySpace staff can go into their blacklist and remove the entry.

EDIT: I re-read the thread again, and I stand with the fact that it's best to contact MySpace about this. Referring agent isn't needed, but it's great for the security.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you use Firefox, try this :)

1: Open up about:config
2: Go through prompt if you didn't disable it
3: find the value network.http.sendReferrerHeader
4: Change the Integer from 1 to 0
5: Restart Firefox
6: ???

Yes this may mess up some websites who designed their sites in an odd way (such as those who use a URL based Authentication string, and then refers to the referring string for the actual authentication) but if it works fine, then great!

Depending on the referrer is a terrible idea for programmers in the first place. I would use this and find out what sites break, so I can never go to them again. :)

zen-r

Reaction score
It's a shame iwaproductions didn't post back after trying the suggestions, so that we might also benefit from their findings.

It makes me wonder sometimes, when people (especially noobs) post up requests for help & lots of us go to the trouble of replying with extensive solutions, whether they even bother to go back to the thread to read what we had written for them. :sad: (I'm not referring to you, iwaproductions, I'm just using this thread as a possible example).

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, you're really turning into 'The X10 Skeptic' aren't you?!! :biggrin:

zen-r

Reaction score
If a badge comes with that role, I'll accept it!
pout2.gif
busted_cop.gif
pout2.gif

Last edited:

iwaproductions

Reaction score
Well, I tried a lot of things, but mainly, yeah, I'm going to have to get a co.cc domain or something...

EDIT: tinyurl works, though.

I would definitely suggest the co.nr or co.cc, as it seems to believe that as a seperate entity... Also, sorry about not responding quicker...

Last edited: