mySQL connection problem ! need help please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ked

Reaction score
My site was working well for months but now it cannot connect to my databases. :tear:

Trying to access my Wordpress blog at http://www.camille.x10hosting.com/wp/ it says:

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Trying to access my Coppermine gallery at http://www.camille.x10hosting.com/cpg/ it says:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'camille_copp1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Note: my password is not YES !

I runned phpMyAdmin. It seems that everything is fine: the 2 DBs are there, user and password OK.

Also, when going in "MySQL databases" in cPanel, the 2 databases are there but there is no user. I can't remember if there was one before...Do I have to add one and connect it to the DBs ?

I don't know if this problem is related to any changes at x10hosting or if my site has been hacked (it has already happened, even though I can't believe someone will hack a family site...).

Can someone help me please ?

Chris Z

Reaction score
lmao i don't know what the problem is, but it's not saying it's using the word "YES" as your password, it's just saying that you are using a password

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Did you change anything in your settings before this happend or did you just one day note that it wont connect to your databases.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
or it ould be that the user you are using dosnt have permission to access it.

ked

Reaction score
Thanx for replying.

Billybob bo buck:
ahah, you're right ! 'YES' is just stating my password is active. I feel so stupid on that one, but I thought a hacker has changed my password to a dummy one, as it has already happened.

Tyler:
I did not change any settings in my site for months, except recently I linked my cPanel to my forum account...

blong4life:
maybe you're right, it could be a permission problem.

Does that mean that I should see a user connected to the databases in Cpanel, MySql databases ? And it should have all permissions ? Is there an other place to set permissions ? in phpMyAdmin ?

Also, what is the right SQL server name ? I have 192.168.1.% and localhost entered.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
ked said:
Thanx for replying.

Billybob bo buck:
ahah, you're right ! 'YES' is just stating my password is active. I feel so stupid on that one, but I thought a hacker has changed my password to a dummy one, as it has already happened.

Tyler:
I did not change any settings in my site for months, except recently I linked my cPanel to my forum account...

blong4life:
maybe you're right, it could be a permission problem.

Does that mean that I should see a user connected to the databases in Cpanel, MySql databases ? And it should have all permissions ? Is there an other place to set permissions ? in phpMyAdmin ?

Also, what is the right SQL server name ? I have 192.168.1.% and localhost entered.

With mine....after you make the database and user.....you have to allow all permissions to that user for the database...or i thbnk you can use your cpanel name and password and it will work too.

Chris Z

Reaction score
well i might have had a problem similar to this, but basically i was running a forum, i was editing something in the ACP, and i clicked save or w/e and it gave me some sorta error, but the problem was is somehow my user was deleted right when i was editing something in the ACP lol so ya, it was wierd but my DBs were still ok so that was good, so you might just have to add that user with the same password again or something

ked

Reaction score
Exactly !

I've just added the user again, and connected it to the DB, and then it works !!!

For some reason my users were deleted...that's weird because I did not change anything... :dunno:

Anyway, for those who are interested, you can find the user/password information of your Wordpress and Coppermine databases here (I did not know them because it was automatically installed by Fantastico):

Wordpress: wp-config.php

Coppermine Photo Gallery: /include/config.inc.php

Thank a lot to all of you who answered this thread !

Chris Z

Reaction score
alright, i'm glad to see people's problems solved, especially if i helped them solve it, but i'm here whenever ya need me hope it stays up for a while :p

Status
Not open for further replies.