mysql database has disappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colodro

Reaction score
everything went all right until today when the server went down... now that it is up i see that the database i had has been deleted :S what's happened??? (my webpage is http://colodro.x10hosting.com) please help me!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
There shouldn`t be anything wrong with mysql. The last time I checked it was up and running.

Kevv3

Reaction score
SQL down again???

got this warning :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /backup/home/kevv3/public_html/db_connection.php on line 2
Er kan geen verbinding worden gemaakt met onze mysql server! probeer het later nogmaals.

I'm not so long busy with mysql, so can somebody explain me what this means?

Last edited:

Colodro

Reaction score
yeah, the thing is that it's been deleted. before the problems with the http server the database existed, but now it doesn't (database users have also been deleted). isn't there anything i can do appart from trying to restore a backup? (which is some days old) thanks for your quick reply anyway

Colodro

Reaction score
it looks like Kevv3 is having the same problem as I (the message I get is "Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /backup/home/colodro/public_html/xs/db/mysql4.php on line 54")

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
hmm Well I can try to restart that then to but it says its up and running. Give me a miute.

Kevv3

Reaction score
can someone tell me what I can do?? because my database is gone too, and mySQL is still not working. I cant create databases anymore and stuff.

Only my .php webpages are still in the file manager.

What to do?

While typing,it looks like you guys allready had posted some answers

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
For future reference for everyone, when the MySQL server goes down, cPanel cannot 'read'\'view' your MySQL databases, thus making it 'think' you don't have any. They are not deleted.

Flashgear

Reaction score
:slap: yea what he said..

this had happend to me also :), but be patient, x10 is going through a rough server period at the moment, ;) most of the time the server is running fine.. ive had like errors/anything wrong with my hosting thats out of my hands has only happend 3 times in a space of 2-3 months.

but when it does happen you dont need to spam the forums up, when ur site goes down the staff will know about it, so go and check the ANNOUNCEMENT FORUM TO SEE IF THE SERVER IS DOWN... because i see like 10 posts on the same thing and im not suprised if this p***** the forum staff off.

Status
Not open for further replies.