MySQL Database: Now ya see it...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulb

Reaction score
How frustrating!!!

I thought all the mess ups with mysql from last week had been sorted, but despite multiple attempts, this morning i am unable to access my online CRM. On Friday it actually worked just fine & I actually managed to get a backlog of data entered. Now, however, just like a week ago, i am getting the following message:

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'bodkpau_PBCRM'@'int.chopin.x10hosting.com' to database 'bodkpau_PBCRM' in /home/bodkpau/public_html/PB-CRM/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 294

Warning: mysqli_close() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/bodkpau/public_html/PB-CRM/include/database/DBManager.php on line 1621
Could not connect to server localhost as bodkpau_PBCRM. port . Access denied for user 'bodkpau_PBCRM'@'int.chopin.x10hosting.com' to database 'bodkpau_PBCRM'

I set up an online CRM to help support me with my work, but since doing so, my work seems to be supporting my CRM via posts here, or by finding alternative ways to control my contacts, activities & schedules. I am starting to wonder if it is actually worth the trouble, as access is so intermittant, that the whole premise for setting up an online database has been undermined.

I am a patient person, but as this has been a lot of work for a non-techie like me to set up & as there seem to have been non-stop problems since the word go, my patience is stqarting to wear thin. Yes, I know this is a free service, so maybe it's not 'cricket' to gripe, but as my needs are relatively simple, & as what i am looking to acheive is a personal initiative to assist me with my new job, a paid service just isn't affordable or applicable to my circumstances.

paulb

Reaction score
Seems others have been having similar problems to me & with no reply to my thread, I tried one of the fixes mentioned in a reply to someone else. Cpanel........Mysql........ resave user permissions.etc. Guess what; yes it worked......BUT........... I have lost loads of data... 6 hours worth of research & inputting on Friday is there no more......... So........... what is happening with mysql?.......... is it safe to build databases or add to exisitng ones yet?................. I've looked at PHP admin & there seems no sign of my Friday's data, but is it out there on chopin somewhere & is it likely to return to me?????

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
MySQL is backed up daily, so your should have a backup of your data somewhere. I will escalate your thread so that an account manager may provide you with assistance for the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.