Mysql Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokacola650

Reaction score
It seems my mysql database has been wiped. I just install some new forums last night and all was fine. Now, I don't see any of my databases?? Anybody else have this problem? I didn't have much stuff on the databases anyway, but wondered if it was just me or everybody?

thanks,
cokacola650

Colodro

Reaction score
don't worry, it happens sometimes when the HTTP has just been down. now it's happening to me too, but everything will be back as soon as they notice this issue (sorry, my english is sooo bad)

Marko

Reaction score
I think x10hosting should apply updates more often. I always see some problems and then server have problems for 3 days and after 3 days another problem takes place. It's just crazy! I think that applying updates is easier than messing with errors.

lambada

Reaction score
Trouble with large updates is they often cause users' scripts to not function if synatx, or compiling options have changed / be unavailable. Take upgrading from php4 - php5 there are a LOT of differences there, and that can cause problems for lots of scripts like phpBB doesn't officially support php5 which causes major problems.

Marko

Reaction score
But if I have latest version of phpbb and server latest stable version of PHP and MySQL? I think that then should be no problems

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
What updates are you talking about? The problems with the server are caused by users abusing the server and it's resources.. Such as spamming and running super server-intensive scripts.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
lambada said:
Trouble with large updates is they often cause users' scripts to not function if synatx, or compiling options have changed / be unavailable. Take upgrading from php4 - php5 there are a LOT of differences there, and that can cause problems for lots of scripts like phpBB doesn't officially support php5 which causes major problems.
phpBB has officially supported php5 since a few versions ago.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
PHP 5 is almost completely backwards compatible with PHP 4.x, except for a few small minor function changes. (For example array_merge() :))

Last edited:

Marko

Reaction score
Bryon said:
PHP 5 is almost completely backwards compatible with PHP 4.x, except for a few small minor function changes. (For example array_merge() :))
Anyways i like 100% fresh air instead of standing near trashcans.:wiggle: (if You can understand me)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.