MySQL Databases disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnoutcomputer

Reaction score
I had two MySQL databases yesterday, one earlier today, and now i have none. Why are they disappearing? Were they deleted? Did I violate my TOS? As far as I am aware I did not. Also, as a side not, under "Service Status" it says I have the "adfree-adfree" package. Why are Google ads appearing on my site? I did not put them there.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Your account is not suspended, so that is out of the question. As for the databases disappearing/google ads, could it be that your account has been compromised? Change all the password related to your computer, run a virus check you your computer, run a virus check on your hosting account and wait to see if the behaviour repeats.

- xav0989

burnoutcomputer

Reaction score
As far as I can tell it has not been compromised. I have only had the site for a couple of days, and under 100 hits to my site. I don't see how it was compromised already.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
URL to your site?
Are you saying that you go to phpMyAdmin and it shows your two mySQL databases gone?
Or are your pages generating an error? If so, what sort of error message?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I had two MySQL databases yesterday, one earlier today, and now i have none. Why are they disappearing? Were they deleted? Did I violate my TOS? As far as I am aware I did not. Also, as a side not, under "Service Status" it says I have the "adfree-adfree" package. Why are Google ads appearing on my site? I did not put them there.
Hi,
when I visited your site I did not see any google ads, can you post a screenshot so I can see what you are talking about?

also, osDate was setup on your account, and im pretty sure that it uses a mysql database, so you db should still be there

burnoutcomputer

Reaction score
The site is working fine, but my cPanel this morning said 1 database, and now it says zero. I have no clue what is going on. osDate does use a database, but none show up in my list of databases. Could this be a glitch with cPanel?

Danielx386

Reaction score
I'm seen it before. Once I had 4 databases (reported in cpanel) and I have only 3. (and the odd thing is that at the time i could only have 3 in the first place).

Daniel

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The site is working fine, but my cPanel this morning said 1 database, and now it says zero. I have no clue what is going on. osDate does use a database, but none show up in my list of databases. Could this be a glitch with cPanel?

there seems to be a kink in the mysql database connection for x10's new server. the administrators have been alerted and a fix should be on its way soon.

burnoutcomputer

Reaction score
I hope they can get it fixed. My site is in its Beta stage right now, and I can't use a server that will randomly delete my SQL databases. If they are gone, I don't know how to replace them. How do I back them up?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I hope they can get it fixed. My site is in its Beta stage right now, and I can't use a server that will randomly delete my SQL databases. If they are gone, I don't know how to replace them. How do I back them up?

I dont think that your databases are being deleted, but rather just not appearing up in cPanel\

you can backup mysql datbases from phpmyadmin > export

dito7967

Reaction score
I had to migrate to another hosting package as my forum was very quickly compromised.
They told me Apache offered them settings.php for download and it was my fault as I did not configure it correctly.

As for the databases disappearing I doubt there gone... Just cPanel is not showing them because of an error with the connection.

burnoutcomputer

Reaction score
I can't access phpmyadmin. I keep getting a username/password incorrect error, and no login options. It tries to log in automatically and I don't know how to change the login credentials.

dito7967

Reaction score
x10hosting is currently having problems with the MySQL on the free servers.
The admins have been notified and hopefully this will be fixed soon. This is probably the cause of all your problems.

burnoutcomputer

Reaction score
If you access my site with internet explorer, you can see the Google ads at the bottom of the page. I recently applied for Google Adsense. I am awaiting approval and I can't integrate it into my site if x10 has ads up on my page.

Status
Not open for further replies.