MySQL Databases Max. Quota?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktg47

Reaction score
Hello.

Whenever I try to create a MySQL database, it gives me this error:

Warning: You are currently using the maximum number of MySQL databases. If you need more please contact your service provider.

But on cPanel's quota details at cPanel's index page, it says:

SQL Databases 2 / 4

Please help. Thank you. Username in control panel: rocket

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There are only 2 MySQL databases in free hosting. What the admin have no control over is the cPanel listing 2 Postgresql databases available along with it, and Postgresql is not enabled in free hosting at all. You can use table prefixes to share with an existing database if you'd like. Otherwise, if you need another database, consider buying Prime Membership to double your MySQL to 4 databases.

mktg47

Reaction score
Oh, I see. The 4 databases are shared by 2 MySQL and 2 PostGreSQL.

One more thing. I am using xenForo as my forum (yes, it is licensed. If you need proof, visit my profile in xenForo's community and verify it from there). Every time anyone posts a new thread, it gives me this:
[h=2]Server Error[/h]Mysqli statement execute error : Got error 28 from storage engine
  • Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  • Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  • Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  • Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in XenForo/Model/ThreadPrefix.php at line 60
  • XenForo_Model_ThreadPrefix->getPrefixes() in XenForo/Model/ThreadPrefix.php at line 212
  • XenForo_Model_ThreadPrefix->getPrefixesInForums() in XenForo/Model/ThreadPrefix.php at line 245
  • XenForo_Model_ThreadPrefix->getUsablePrefixesInForums() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 292
  • XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionCreateThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  • XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  • XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rocket/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13

I got some answers by searching the xenForo forums, and it says that /tmp might be full. Source link: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/server-error-mysqli-statement-execute-error-got-error-28-from-storage-engine.13235/

- Any help on that? Thanks.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That error should be intermittent. Yes, it does happen that sometimes the server disks fill up -- often due to error logging from badly-written scripts or abusive accounts. Staff try to keep space open (by cleaning out /tmp, etc.), but occasionally it takes a bit more work than routine maintenance to clear up enough disk space. These intervals are usually short-lived (this forum fills up with 552 and 28 error tickets quickly, so it's hard not to notice), but they are understandably annoying if inevitable.

There are occasions, too, when all of the allotted space in in legitimate use and the problem may persist until more hardware can be thrown at it. It's all a part of sharing a server with several hundred (or thousands of) other accounts.

As for the forum software, there are automated scans in place to pick up unlicensed/warez versions of most popular commercial software, so if there was any question about your install it would have been raised by now.

mktg47

Reaction score
I see. For the license thing, I just put that up to avoid confusion. It works well now. Thanks for all your help. You may now close this ticket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.