MySQL error - can't create/write to file

Status
Not open for further replies.

estong13

Reaction score
hi guyz,

i've got an error from my joomla site hosted on x10hosting.com

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/pcnest/public_html/components/com_content/models/frontpage.php on line 104

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/pcnest/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 344

not sure what's causing this; the site was working fine the last time i viewed it.

i tried to check my database on the cpanel using phpmyadmin, when i click on a table i got this error message:

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_44db_0.MYI' (Errcode: 30)

any advice to what's going on or what's causing the problem would be appreciated.

thanks

freshmen1020

Reaction score
Yeah having trouble writing to db as well, cant even see the table structure, nor edit table entry having this error:

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_44db_0.MYI' (Errcode: 30)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Sorry about this. /tmp was having a problem I just remounted the partition is it working for you guys now?

tregtar

Reaction score
I too was having issues with PHP a couple of hours ago, now I am unable to get to my site.

I am on Lotus. Anyone else? Should I open a ticket?

estong13

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. site's back to normal

thanks again

imartin

Reaction score
Has this issue come up again? I'm getting permission errors for the tmp directory; can't create sessions or write to the database.

Thanks,

ildyoni

Reaction score
seems i still have the error
Edit:
Has this issue come up again? I'm getting permission errors for the tmp directory; can't create sessions or write to the database.

Thanks,

same here

SHOW FIELDS FROM `jos_comprofiler` ;

MySQL said:

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_b86_0.MYI' (Errcode: 30)

Last edited:

al_savant

Reaction score
I'm also having the same problem. Didn't have it yesterday but i do now. It's not my databases, I have forums hosted on my website and for now they're working fine. But one of the pages that uses php shows the same error messages:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_d01c4b1d63b64160c418c2fe155ae062, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in /home/diviner/public_html/registration/global.inc.php on line 1

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/diviner/public_html/registration/global.inc.php:1) in /home/diviner/public_html/registration/global.inc.php on line 1

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_d01c4b1d63b64160c418c2fe155ae062, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

A fix would be much appreciated. Thank you.

ildyoni

Reaction score
I can't access/use Fantastico DeLuxer, Site Reptile website builder, softacoulous,r1soft backup...

i get the coding files of them ..

user987

Reaction score
same issue here

I'm getting the same error...

Code:
 Warning: session_start() [[URL="http://www.provas.co.cc/config/function.session-start"]function.session-start[/URL]]: open(/tmp/sess_ecc3116b8cda1cb29a83567ade1d310f, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30)

Last edited:

everycredit

Reaction score
I am as well.

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_b86_0.MYI' (Errcode: 30)

Read ok, write not ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.