MySQL Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

daman371

Reaction score
I had to delete the users, recreate them and readd them to the databases. Possibly privileges had to be flushed to fix this.

Last edited:

alstar

Reaction score
Today, when I tried to visit my WordPress blog I got a database error:
Error establishing a database connection
I logged into cPanel and when I checked the MySQL database, there was nothing, no database. Will it be recovered?

D

Deleted member 349840

I also lost some information from my MySQL databases. Fortunately, it was only one post. Ironically, it was a post complaining about the upgrades that x10hosting is doing.

wjh2303

Reaction score
I tried the steps described by Lamerock and endorsed by corey. I didnt try completely dropping the db user and am now getting error code DEADBEEF when trying to log into account panel to get to cpanel to try the extra steps you described.

Edit: the DEADBEEF error has gone and point 1) from descalzo has worked, thanks

The access denied error returned, and then went away again on repeating the steps, however this doesnt leave me with confidence that it wont return again...

twiztedstudiez

Reaction score
I think I lost everything. Now when I try to load my site it says it can't find a file. At first it just wasn't connecting to MYSQL.

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I also had the lost connection error yesterday, fixed it and was able to make a couple posts to my blog. Now today I got the error again and the two posts that I made yesterday are gone. Is there any kind of indication if this is going to happen again?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I also had the lost connection error yesterday, fixed it and was able to make a couple posts to my blog. Now today I got the error again and the two posts that I made yesterday are gone. Is there any kind of indication if this is going to happen again?

Corey mentions that he took the MySQL offline earlier to make some updates because it failed to keep settings properly. I don't know if this applies to the data loss: http://status.x10hosting.com/post/511443764/mysql

I didn't make any posts yesterday but there were 2 new comments which were lost.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
After cPanel finishes updating this should be fully resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.