MySql Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon101200179

Reaction score
I am trying to make a database in dreamweaver cs4 but it asks for my MySql server, What would i put there?

neon101200179

Reaction score
Ok, I have been trying to figure out to do this whole database thing for days now and i am getting nowhere. I have setup a database, and I am using Dreamweaver. I have no idea of how to actually implement the database to my site. I'm trying to make a login for my visitors to login to when they are on my site. Any help would be highly appreciated!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you upload the database into PhpmyAdmin in your cPanel? The database needs to be in your hosting account and implement from there.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you don't know how to take the database file from Dreamweaver, then you'll need to look up the faqs and get support for that from the official site for Dreamweaver.

If you don't know how to upload the database into PhpmyAdmin, click on the import link inside Phpmyadmin in your cPanel, and then follow the directions from there.

neon101200179

Reaction score
I still don't understand. Let me take you back to the begining. I am trying to make a login for my site. I have made a database and a table in x10 CPanel. It shows up in MySQL databases and also in phpMyAdmin. Now that it is setup, what do I do now? How do i use it? I have watched your tutorial but it shows nothing about actually implementing it on the site itself. I have 2 or 3 usernames and passwords for X10 and I have tried all of them. I'm lost.. please help!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your first post said that you made the database in/using Dreamweaver. Thanks for clarifying that you actually made it your cPanel instead.

I don't use Dreamweaver, and I know nothing about it. If there is a way to create a login script using that program, then you'll need to ask help from the 3rd party scripts section of the forums, or ask for help from Dreamweaver's support site. We can't promise any support for 3rd-party scripts here in this support forum, only for helping with problems concerning the hosting account itself.

neon101200179

Reaction score
Thank you. And I can make a login script which is fine, but it won't connect, which is probably that I'm putting in the wrong information. That is why I came back here, because i have talked to them and they told me I must be putting in the wrong information. I did take the time to google it and they are right from what I see. This is what they ask for, and I don't care if anybody else sees this because I am at the end of my rope and getting really fed up with it.

MySql server: localhost
Username:
Password:
Database: lrankin_mine

But every username and password I put in there does not work!
Any ideas?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you create the MySQL user and add it to the database with all of the permissions? When you create the user, that's the username and password you use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.