mySQL help

schrieka

Reaction score
hi:happysad:

my website wants to connect to my databases but those are on my on computer
this is the error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host '74.86.116.188' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/schrieka/public_html/wow/config.php on line 79

how can i allow that host?

sry for myenglish if its bad;)

thnx in advance

Max1337

Reaction score
Some possible reasons why it might not connect...
1: If you have a router, you may have to port forward the MySQL port.
2: If it's on x10's side, you can go in cPanel and click where it says 'Remote MySQL' and add your IP.

If you have a router, you can go to http://portforward.com and look for your router, unless you already know how to port forward... If it already is port forwarded, make sure you check your firewall too.
If it wont work when you add your IP to the remote MySQL list, then you may have to ask an administrator to allow it for you...

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
Can you upload the databases into MySQL? If you're designing a website for more than just your own use then you'll want it up and running 24/7, not just when your machine is on.

Also - you probably don't want to leave an opening that will allow people into your own machine. Someone floods your database and your machine will come to a crawl :/

tittat

Reaction score
hi:happysad:

my website wants to connect to my databases but those are on my on computer

Are you trying to connect to your local machine from a remote/live site ??? Can you please clarify your question....

schrieka

Reaction score
im running a WoW server, i need the databases on my own pc, becauses i have prgrams that cant connect to my databasesif ive uploaded them.

so acually it is like when mysql is on my pc is on thewebsite is on too.

so x10.hosting wants to accesdatabases on my pc... like a remoteacces to my databases

thanks for posts btw

(btw i opened ports)

Last edited:

Nathan H

Reaction score
WoW private servers are illegal, and i suggest you remove all references to your PS as soon as possible, if an account manger sees this thread your account will be terminated for illegal content.

Edit: just had a look at your site and there are no references, but i suggest it stays that way if you wish your account to remain active

schrieka

Reaction score
if its illegal why gave blizzard the ability to makeprivate servers?

anyway i fixed it,but i will remove it if you say so...

TheMan177

Reaction score
if its illegal why gave blizzard the ability to makeprivate servers?

Blizzard did NOT give you the ability to make 'private' servers. Just because it is possible to reverse engineer and emulate the service does not make it legal.

xmakina

Reaction score
Taken from: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=2843687575&pageNo=3&sid=1

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/legal/termsofuse.html
Only Blizzard Entertainment or its licensees have the right to host World of Warcraft! Accordingly, you may not host, provide matchmaking services for, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard Entertainment as part of World of Warcraft, regardless of the method used to do so. Such prohibited methods may include, but are not limited to, protocol emulation, reverse engineering, modifying World of Warcraft, adding components to World of Warcraft, or using a utility program to host World of Warcraft.

If you have legal questions of any kind, then this is always a good place to look:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/legal/

Last edited:

schrieka

Reaction score
ok u have a point

but thereare like 1000private servers, someof themwith 10000 ppl on it, theyjust cant close that and as long its not public its not bad, it was just formyfriends like 4-5ppl....

xmakina

Reaction score
Regardless, it's illegal. x10hosting specifically state in their terms that you can't use the servers for illegal activities. Most of the private servers are hosted on peoples own machines (as in, the ones they have at home) as a hosting company close down private servers as soon as they're spotted.