MySQL Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey050

Reaction score
After the recent move, all my databases have been corrupted - most importantly Joomla and Wordpress. I cannot do anything regarding articles in the backend on Joomla due to database-related 500 errors and Wordpress has malfunctioned causing the categories and tags to disappear (which I learned the fix for but cannot do in phpMyAdmin for some reason due to an error).

Assuming the databases are temporarily backed up remotely so that they can be re-transferred in case something went wrong with the move, can that be done in order to restore full functionality of my sites?

Thank you.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
After the recent move, all my databases have been corrupted - most importantly Joomla and Wordpress. I cannot do anything regarding articles in the backend on Joomla due to database-related 500 errors and Wordpress has malfunctioned causing the categories and tags to disappear (which I learned the fix for but cannot do in phpMyAdmin for some reason due to an error).

Assuming the databases are temporarily backed up remotely so that they can be re-transferred in case something went wrong with the move, can that be done in order to restore full functionality of my sites?

Thank you.

At the moment the mysql is under maintenance http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/117437-mysql-update.html

have patience.

monkey050

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the MySQL downtime already happened. The last post in that thread is from shortly before 7:00 p.m. EDT yesterday saying it would happen that night. Therefore, I assume it was completed. (I also wasn't aware of it in the first place because it was not posted in the Service Status Announcements.)

Right now, MySQL appears to be online and active. The issue is not that sites are not loading due to MySQL being offline, it's that they are online and not running properly because the databases are corrupted.

I can get into phpMyAdmin and look at them - but I cannot edit to fix the WordPress database, and I have no idea what to do to fix Joomla.

*Additionally - one issue that might be causing the Wordpress problems has been described as the /tmp/ folder to be at capacity. According to cPanel server status, both of them are at 100%. Whether the same issue affects Joomla, I'm not sure, but I do not believe that it should, so I can only assume my databases are corrupted. I'll wait it out a bit longer and then update if these problems are still happening.

If it is true that there should be no problems at the moment, I'd like my databases restored as soon as conveniently possible. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.