MySQL Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xero852

Reaction score
Alright so I'm trying to host a site that displays and manages a certain games users and status... I've run into some issues with MySQL, the messages are usually something to do with "Host '74.86.116.190' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server". Here is a link to the page/site in question:

http://lancersedge.exofire.net/wow2/index.php?action=plist&lang=en

And here's the setup, I'm running the "game server" from my home server, I am hosting the "website" on my x10 account (lancersedge.exofire.net). I think this issue has to do with the fact that x10 isn't letting MySQL "dial-out" to my home MySQL server in order to retrieve the required information.

Help?

Edit:
Bump:

I would really like this MySQL issue sorted... I'm thinking that some functions need to be opened on my account, or I need PHP Level 3...

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Is that message being displayed on your home PC?

Last edited:

Xero852

Reaction score
Yes, when I access:
http://lancersedge.exofire.net/wow2/index.php?action=plist&lang=en

From my home PC I see the errors. I am running the game server from my house as well so MY IP and the GAME SERVER IP are the same (68.147.215.84).

I assume the IP "74.86.116.190" is my x10 hosting (lancersedge.exofire.net) IP.

Basically this web page needs to query my home game server MySQL database to retrieve information so that it can display it on the page.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
That is a problem with your MySQL server.
Make sure you aren't restricting connections to localhost.

Xero852

Reaction score
That is a problem with your MySQL server.
Make sure you aren't restricting connections to localhost.
How would I verify/change that? All I did was install MySQL Server and setup the databases using SQLYog. I also opened up port 3306 for MySQL Server.

EDIT: Never mind, I executed the following query for each database that needed access, it now works.
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dbname.* TO username@'74.86.116.190' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.