MySQL not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
What is the MySQL error? The site that fails is due to an error on your page, which should be reported in an error.log file (or something like that) in the directory of the page.

The most common MySQL error is that after the server upgrade, you can no longer user the server as the host name. Instead, localhost is now required. Please verify that both scripts use localhost as the host to connect to MySQL, and post back.

rokkwarr

Reaction score
I've actually used localhost whenever and wherever possible no matter my hosting or what I'm using, the site gives no error besides being unable to access the database while my http://stygianrenegade.co.cc which uses the same database is completely able to connect without issue. It's not a configuration issue as the site was working fine before migration.

rokkwarr

Reaction score
okay.... I could of sworn that said localhost.... Perhaps it just autoset to the actual host upon install or something. Well reset to localhost and now functioning again, jeeze that was a pain in the butt but thanks for reminding me, though stygianrenegade seems to be functioning normally without issues the way it is, I could post my .htaccess file here for you to go over and point out what needs tweaked?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
okay.... I could of sworn that said localhost.... Perhaps it just autoset to the actual host upon install or something. Well reset to localhost and now functioning again, jeeze that was a pain in the butt but thanks for reminding me, though stygianrenegade seems to be functioning normally without issues the way it is, I could post my .htaccess file here for you to go over and point out what needs tweaked?

Hi rokkwarr,

Yes, feel free to post your .htaccess code here. You may want to include it in
Code:
 tags so it's easier to read.

- Adam

rokkwarr

Reaction score
well the Stygian Renegade one is pretty cut-and-dry

Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress
The-continuum.co.cc is much more complicated,
Code:
# PRETTYURLS MOD BEGINS
# Pretty URLs mod
# http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
# .htaccess file generated automatically on: January 28, 2010, 13:08

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

# Rules for: yagam
RewriteRule ^announcements/([^/]+)/?$ ./index.php?action=announcements;aid=$1 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: profiles
RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=profile;user=$1 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: actions
RewriteRule ^(activate|admin|announcements|announcement|attachapprove|buddy|buddypage|calendar)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(clock|collapse|comment|coppa|credits|deletemsg|display|dlattach)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(editpoll|editpoll2|emailuser|findmember|forum|portal|groups|help)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(globalhf|helpadmin|im|jseditor|jsmodify|jsoption|lock|lockvoting)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(login|login2|logout|markasread|mergetopics|media|mgallery|mlist)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(moderate|modifycat|modifykarma|movetopic|movetopic2|notify|notifyboard|openidreturn)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(pm|post|post2|printpage|profile|quotefast|quickmod|quickmod2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(recent|register|register2|reminder|removepoll|removetopic2|reporttm|requestmembers)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(restoretopic|savepad|search|search2|sendtopic|smstats|suggest|spellcheck)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(splittopics|stats|sticky|switchsubaccount|staff|theme|trackip|about:mozilla)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(about:unknown|unread|unreadreplies|verificationcode|viewprofile|vote|viewquery|viewsmfile)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(who|\.xml|xmlhttp)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

# PRETTYURLS MOD ENDS

Status
Not open for further replies.