MySQL not working

RegionalGirl137

Reaction score
I am attempting to use Fantastico but I get the following message "Fantastico is unable to connect to your MySQL server at this time. Please contact your host for assistance." I am not sure what to do about this. I have checked the server status, Stoli is up and running and it just won't connect. Any ideas on what to do next?

VPmase

Reaction score
Did you create a MySQL database for it to connect to?

RegionalGirl137

Reaction score
Well, I have a database for my forums but I don't really know how to connect it to fantastico. Any suggestions for this? I know a little bit about MySQL but I am still a beginner. How do I get Fantastico to work properly?

sybregunne

Reaction score
first step is to use your cpanel to create a database. a login name and password and configure fantastico to use these settings.

I do not know or haven't tried to use fantastico, but basically you need to make sure that when it issues a
$mysqli = mysqli_connect("localhost","login-name","password","databasename" );
the login-name, password and database name is valid for that domain.

RegionalGirl137

Reaction score
Ok, got that but how to I configure it? I don't really see anywhere that lets me work on it. It's just a click and it's there saying it can't connect. Also subsequently, my site was working fine last night and this morning it isn't anywhere to be found. Does this thing always go up and down like that or what?

xeross

Reaction score
Lemme see if i can help opening fantastico now...
This is weird that error is in fantastico not in any installation it seems this should be something for the x10hosting crew, because fantastico automatically creates a database when you install something i installed smf and it sais
The MySQL database and MySQL user xeross_smf1 will be created and used for this installation.

So it must be some error in fantastico

RegionalGirl137

Reaction score
My site seems to be having some problems right now anyway. It was working last night. Isn't right now.