MySQL problems and DNS doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for the server move, it has gone *relatively* flawlessly. I say relatively because one of mysql databases ("main") has been created OK, but doesn't contain ANY data, I mean, 0 tables. I need it because is, as its self-explanatory name explains, my main database, where most of the data is saved. I have a backup that should work though, but I think that yours is more recent. Confirmed, yours is far more recent, mine is from June 24th. A lot of users have registered since then, and I wouldn't like to lose them, as well as all the posts created since that date.

Another question, I have the nameservers pointed to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. Do I need to change them with the new IPs or are the OK like that? If I need to change them, how is it done? Just with the new IP?

If the DNS are OK, I have another problem ^^' If I access through enx.x10hosting.com/deathnote/, the index.php doesn't even load because of the database issue. If I access through www.deathnote-sp.com (the usual point of access, none of my users knows the other URL), it gives a 500 Internal Server Error.

Checking my other site, also hosted here (enx.x10hosting.com/fate), which works fine, I've realized that all the special Spanish characters (Ññ, ¿¡, áéíóúÁÉÍÓÚ) have disappeared. I get this: � , instead of the characters.

And the last one, my cPanel went back to the X2 theme. Could I have it changed back to X3?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

eNoyx

Reaction score
Sorry if I disturb you guys, but no response yet?

By the way, the Spanish characters issue has been solved. I think that it has something to do with Corey changing the default PHP charset, although he changed it in the Sustained server, or maybe both.

Thanks for all your hard work!

[edit] Just in case:

cPanel username: enoyx
Subdomain: enx.x10hosting.com
Plan: Corporate
Active since: Oct 06
Ads everypage: yes

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a lot of support requests... we're working through the ones that affect more than one person first. I'll check on your database and see if we have a backup.

-Corey
Edit:
You can get your old database back up by going to http://66.232.109.231:2082. Then go into phpMyAdmin and export it. I'll check on your DNS issue.

-Corey
Edit:
It looks like the DNS issues are resolved... you will just have to copy over your database... I copied over part of it just to test.

Last edited:

eNoyx

Reaction score
Danke Corey!!

I guess I'll have to wait my ISP to update =)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome, I would get your database off the old server ASAP as we are not supporting it or resolving issues on it any longer. It is only there to mirror the data for a little while incase there are issues.

Please open a new thread if you need further assistance.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.