MySQL problems, and issues..PLZ Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337scape

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Recently, I have been trying to connect to your MySQL databases on my website at http://1337scape.exofire.net. I setup Remote MySQL through cPanel, but everytime I try to connect to the MySQL database to modify it's data, I get a connection error (timeout). I am trying to do all this through a Java program I'm currently writing. Also for some reason I cannot use the INSERT command. Here is a picture of the output I'm getting from my Java console: http://www.1337scape.exofire.net/images/MySQL_Err.png. I am also connecting to the MySQL database and writing to it using the Java MySQL JAR file that includes classes to make MySQL actions an easier task. It's name is mysql-connector-java-5.0.5-bin.jar. I'm not sure if x10hosting supports this, but I'm hoping it can be a future change. Please respond if possible to pclipse@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Please, is there any help that someone can offer?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If your program is not located on the server it won't be able to connect unless we add the static IP of where it is coming from to our firewall.

1337scape

Reaction score
Can you do that for me? :) Because I have to host it on my computer, due to character files.
Edit:
Oh Corey, just read your sig, sorry for PMing, but I was just wondering if you can enable these two IPs in the server's firewall for me:

&

Please reply when you read this post.

Kind Regards,

Peter (1337scape)
Edit:
Corey, will you enable those IPs in the server's firewall, please reply.
Edit:
Please Corey, Just reply if you can do that or not. I need to know this as soon as possible!!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I added the IP.

the 192.168.0.101 is your internal IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.