MySQL Problems on Stoli? Follow this tutorial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luwiiii

Reaction score
Hi! I'm getting this error on my webpage.

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/luwi/public_html/tracker.php on line 24
Unable to select database"

How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

reject

Reaction score
My MySQL in the Server Status section always says it's offline, I think something went wrong when I tried to add the stoli name into the Remote MySQL thing. Any help? Thanks.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
My MySQL in the Server Status section always says it's offline, I think something went wrong when I tried to add the stoli name into the Remote MySQL thing. Any help? Thanks.

remove 'stoli.x10hosting.com' and instead put '%.x10hosting.com'

tomreunes

Reaction score
I can't connect to my MYSQL-database, it looks like it was erased from the server... Can someone help me ?

007bond

Prime Account
Reaction score
I used the tutorial in the first post to fix my existing phpBB2 installation. Thanks!
My problem now is that Fantastico is still not working, no matter what I've tried. Is this something I can fix, and if so, how? If not, how long will we have to wait for Fantastico to come back online?

mr kennedy

Reaction score
I used the tutorial in the first post to fix my existing phpBB2 installation. Thanks!
My problem now is that Fantastico is still not working, no matter what I've tried. Is this something I can fix, and if so, how? If not, how long will we have to wait for Fantastico to come back online?

Fantastico is not something that can be fixed by the end users...

007bond

Prime Account
Reaction score
Then I repeat, how long will we have to wait before it comes back online?

Charis Core

Reaction score
Ok, I can follow the tutorial up to the last step. How do I edit my scripts mysql Hostname fro localhost to mysql.x10hosting.com??

Blazey

Reaction score
Thanks alot man, this worked like a charm for my phpBB3 board :).

damianos07

Reaction score
very nice tutorial thanx for posting
helped alot with my joomla site :D

*edit* (why am i thanking!!)

i was soo stuck with joomla installation step 1 :p cause i couldn't find the correct hostname..

so thanx again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.