Not open for further replies.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Anyone on lotus having mySQL problems?

atjohnson

Reaction score
I see now I am on Lotus.. Our MySQL databases have been erased.. hopefully will be restored soon. www.sportschat.pcriot.com << Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I see now I am on Lotus.. Our MySQL databases have been erased.. hopefully will be restored soon. www.sportschat.pcriot.com << Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL
Its happened before-just wondering if it was only me really. Hope its fixed soon. I dont think they are erased, because in the cPanel side bar thing with all of the statistics of usage etc. it still says i'm using 3 of 3 mysql databases, but when I click mysql, it says there are none-so they're there somewhere. :nuts:

atjohnson

Reaction score
Hey you're right, they are still listed there.. I was just afraid =( luckily i installed the JoomlaPack Component and backed it up.. so just in case.

I certainly like x10hosting, actually planning on getting a paid account probably within the next couple weeks, just had some questions about the bandwidth before I buy one.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey you're right, they are still listed there.. I was just afraid =( luckily i installed the JoomlaPack Component and backed it up.. so just in case.

I certainly like x10hosting, actually planning on getting a paid account probably within the next couple weeks, just had some questions about the bandwidth before I buy one.
I have this paranoia of just this happening. I don't care if files are lost, but if databases are lost, thats the end for me! Probably becuase I dont really know much about them so I avoid them. I think they are probably tweaking cpanel and its confused everything. I have Joomla too, but take manual backups.

I'm considering the 'Double everything' option. No monthly fee, seems simple.

Last edited:

atjohnson

Reaction score
I owned space on another server before.. I've been doing this since I was 15 actually lol, it seems x10hosting's prices are extremely reasonable, probably like 45 dollars for a year, not too bad. I actually left a post earlier, it seems the Free hosting must be shared, which slows down connection speed at user level.. it's caused a lot of time outs recently. I've been trying to figure out from anyone who has or has had paid hosting whether connection speeds are more reliable.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I owned space on another server before.. I've been doing this since I was 15 actually lol, it seems x10hosting's prices are extremely reasonable, probably like 45 dollars for a year, not too bad. I actually left a post earlier, it seems the Free hosting must be shared, which slows down connection speed at user level.. it's caused a lot of time outs recently. I've been trying to figure out from anyone who has or has had paid hosting whether connection speeds are more reliable.
I dont really want to be tied down with a monthly fee, I like it easy. But x10 seems to have the best hosting rates out there. I'm running a community site, that relies heavily on mysql, so a bit more disk space would be nice, and a few more databases. I should think the free aspect of it would slow down client-side connections, as so many people would misuse this free service, and it would cause knock on effects for the genuine users like us. People who are gonna misuse it arent going to pay for it, so in theory, paid hosting would be more reliable.

atjohnson

Reaction score
I usually just pay the 46 dollars or whatever it would be right away then renew it a year later.. a few years ago before I had a credit card I was using my pops' and I had paid a year, then noticed it was on auto renew for 2 more years.. about 2 days after it renewed.. I will say pops was not happy less $160 =(

Gotta make sure auto-renew is disabled that's what I say to anyone buying web hosting.

Homeless2

Reaction score
My SQL is down for me on lotus also. The cpanel states that the number of databases is correct (x/3), but when clicking on MySQL nothing is shown

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Anyone on lotus having mySQL problems?

These MySQL problems occurring at the time of your posting have been fixed.

Please try utilizing your database-enabled site again. If you continue to see error messages, try clearing your browser's cache.

If you have any persisting problems, feel free to post back here with any additional questions you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.